Meant to be

After spending the night cuddling, they went back to their dorms.

Both had a huge smile and gave each other one last kiss before going back, but Regulus knew he would have to do some explaining to his dorm mates.
He walked into his dorm quietly, maybe they'd be asleep.

"You're back late."

Of course Barty waited up for him, he tried figuring out if it was out of concern or suspicion or god knows what else.

"Barty! Just went to stretch my legs."

"Didn't go meet up with Potter then?" He didn't sound upset or surprised, it worried Regulus a little.

"Where's Evan? He normally sleeps quite early."
He didn't want Barty to be disappointed in him, they had an agreement, so trying to change the topic seemed easier.

"He'll be back in a few hours. Regulus I saw the letter, you left it on your bed. I thought it might have been from you or something... but that's hardly the point, what happened?" He looked at Regulus, a little worried about him.

"I don't want to give up on him. I love him."
He wasn't going to leave him again, even if Barty didn't agree with it. How could he give up James when he never gave up on him?

You're putting him in danger, he'll turn on you. Please think this through.
"Then I'm happy for you, just be careful." His voice sounded emotionless.

The three of them were all forced to get the mark. It was awful but they were happy to have each other and they knew it was unlikely they'd be sent on a proper mission. Barty wanted to protect as many people as he could, that's why he thought breaking up with Evan would be best but it wasn't easy.

Before Regulus could respond, Barty went to sleep. He knew he wasn't too happy about James but right now he didn't care.

James ran into his dorm, even if he got the make he was officially his boyfriend again. He said I love you back! And James was positive if he could get Regulus back then he can protect him from any dangers. He was going to find a way to save him.

"HE TOOK ME BACK."

"Shut the fuck up James." Sirius muttered whilst weakly throwing a pillow at him. A pillow from Remus' bed, where Remus also was.

"It's 1 am be quiet." Remus said tiredly, he was in Sirius' arms and James nearly felt bad for waking them.

He wasn't going to tell them about what was said but he was still too excited to sleep. He looked over at Peter's bed just to see it was empty, strange.

Taking the marauders map, he saw Peters name in some random hallway. All alone, no where near the kitchens or dorms so there wasn't really a reason to be there, it worried James.

He turned to Sirius and Remus to say where he was going, but they were already asleep.
So he went alone.

"Wormy! What're you doing here??" He finally found him, even with the map he couldn't find him easily. Maybe he was in rat form?

"James! Just couldn't sleep." He didn't look happy to see James, but this wasn't something James noticed. He just assumed Peter was tired.

"I'm sorry I was so upset at you Peter, there was just so much going on. But it's all better now!" James really did see Peter as one of his best friends and even though he was upset with him, he was never angry for long.

Peter looked away awkwardly,"it's all good, it's over now. But why are you awake?"

"I told you last week, today was the day I got Regulus back." He said it with a smile, thinking of Regulus' lips on his.