Chapter Eleven

To everyone who worried about the miracle cliffhanger...I got you. (After the angst, I can't blame you if you were being suspicious, though xD)

~oOo~oOo~oOo~

From the outside, the miracle looked quiet and insignificant for something that was to possibly determine their life or death, but Crowley knew it had worked.

He could feel the protective layer slipping into place, descending on them like a veil of mist and moulding itself to them like a second skin, a patina of suspiciously unsuspicious miraculous activity.

There would be alarm bells going off in Heaven right now, white halls illuminated by intervals of red light, and the angels would look at the big floating globe of Earth, a pillar of lilac smoke coming from a flat in Mayfair, London, but they would just look at it in confusion, feeling like they should know what that location meant, but unable to remember its significance. And the Metatron would rage, feeling that he was too late, that what he'd tried to prevent had happened - an angel and a demon coming together and performing miracles too powerful even for him to counteract.

Said angel and demon were sitting on the demon's bed, hands clasped together, feeling their miracle work its magic and settling over them like a comforting blanket.

Aziraphale looked at Crowley, and Crowley could tell that the angel felt it too.

It had worked.

"It worked", Aziraphale said out loud.

"Yeah", Crowley answered.

They looked at each other, mirroring smiles forming on their faces.

He didn't know who moved first, but one moment he was looking into Aziraphale's eyes, giddy with joy and relief, the next he had the angel's hands cupping his face, the angel's lips against his own, the angel's body pressing close.

Crowley grasped any part of him he could reach, lips parting for Aziraphale's probing tongue, hands fisting in the soft fabric of his waistcoat. His arms snaked around Aziraphale's middle, making sure he stayed right here where he belonged - right here against the sound of Crowley's beating heart.

"It worked", Aziraphale smiled against his mouth. "It really worked, Crowley, didn't it?"

"Angel", Crowley said, kissing the corner of Aziraphale's mouth. "Angel-"

"It really worked." The angel peppered kisses along Crowley's jaw, breathed a soft elated laugh right into Crowley's ear. "You're brilliant, my darling."

He leaned back to look into Crowley's eyes, face full of fondness, the softest smile on his lips.

"Thank you", Aziraphale said, so much earnest gratitude in his voice that it made Crowley's head spin. "For always being there. Always saving me." The corner of the angel's mouth twitched. "You've always been so very good at that, haven't you?"

Crowley pressed his lips together as he smiled bashfully, ears heating with a faint blush.

"Only thing I ever really cared to be good at, angel", he admitted, and it must have been the right thing to say, because next thing he knew, Aziraphale was kissing him again, pulling him along as the angel scooted back to the middle of the bed, back supported against the headboard.

Crowley let the angel lead him back onto his lap, his breath hitching as he felt his skinny legs spreading around those gorgeously plush angelic thighs. He'd had fantasies about those thighs, working under him, squeezing around him, opening up for him, soft skin littered with bruises and bite marks left by two pointy fanged teeth-

Shit, he had to stop thinking about that or his corporation wouldn't be able to hide for long where his thoughts had wandered. Crowley was glad he usually chose the more discrete of efforts, or they might have found themselves in quite the compromising position already.