35.) Shady Sky's

The sky is darker today. The sun is shining, and the sky is a bright shade of blue, yet it was dark.

With Jaxon being paralyzed, and Reggie and Shawn on temporary leave from school. Ryder was now the Center of attention.

"The survivor of the school shooting, Ryder!" Everyone was sending him their condolences, telling him how grateful they were that he was okay, wishing him luck with his arm, wishing he'll be able to make it back on the field.

It made me angry.

Jaxon lost his dream, his entire future, and they were acting like Ryders flesh wound was the schools greatest loss.

Mikey is dead for crying out loud, and Ryder is somehow the victim?

Of course Ryder was torn up, about both Mikey and Jaxon, and it showed in the way his jaw tightened when people would come up to him. It killed him, yet he was still showing up to school just like everybody else.

His eyes were baggy, his clothes were all wrinkled like he had always just rolled out of bed, and I got so used to seeing his scrunched forehead and frown etched on his face, that I didn't think anything of it anymore.

Riley was always checking up on me  to make sure I wasn't going to break. Keeping me updated on Jaxon, of course knowing that we aren't friends anymore.

Even though I did make the executive decision to leave him, I still cared about him, even if I was afraid to show it.

If the sky looked darker yesterday, and again today, will it keep its shade tomorrow? Why can I no longer see the beauty in the day? I know. Because the pain never goes away. Pain seeps in and finds a place to stay. We both walk hand in hand, as we critique the day. It's not just me that gets the final say.