41.) Invitations

The nurse was nice. I thought the exercise would've taken a little longer than it did, but she was out of here about as quick as she came.

I sat at the bar in the kitchen with my chin in my hands. I didn't know what to feel. There is a part of me that is still scared that this whole thing is not going to work out, and then there's a part of me that is scared for reasons i don't even know!

I am trying my hardest to be selfless in this, but it's hard. I know Jaxon needs me. He needs someone to take care of his needs and help him get around... but does he really need it to be his ex girlfriend?

I know we agreed on being friends, but I don't know if I can follow through with that. Every look, every glance, every touch.. I mean he is still the hot guy I was crushing on, and then he was my hot boyfriend, and now he's my hot ex boyfriend. 

Is it selfish to say I want him back? That I can't breathe when I'm close to him? Or that I roll my eyes to ignore the burning sensation between my legs. He is Jaxon Scott after all.

"Hey." I was ripped from my thoughts at the sight of Ari standing at the kitchen door. I spun in my chair, facing her as I gave her a weak smile.

"Hi, did you come to see Jaxon?" I asked.

"Just did," She smiled, but I couldn't help but notice the pain in it.

"I really did love him." She frowned, brushing a falling tear from her cheek.

"What do you mean? Aren't you two getting married?" 

Her voice broke off into tears at the attempt to speak. 

I sat in the chair stiff, as I watched her. Maybe I should have consoled her or asked if she was okay, but in the moment all I could think about was Jax.

I slowly slid off of the stool, eyeing her suspiciously as she cried.

"What did you do?"

She glanced up from her hands, giving me a weak smile.

"He probably needs you right now." She choked, before backing out of the kithcen,

Without a second thought I climbed the stairs three at a time, ignoring the feeling of needing to pant I kept my mouth shut. His door was shut, but I could swear I heard multiple people talking. 

*knock*knock*

The room got quiet all of a sudden, making me even more curious.

"Hey Jax it's me." I spoke to the door. I tucked my hands in my pockets nervously, before the door opened wide.

My eyes budged when I saw everyone sitting in the room. My eyes first landed on Riley, and then Ryder, and then Reggie and Shawn, and Jaxon who was seated comfortably on this bed, with his legs out in front of him.

Looking at him like this almost made me forget he had to use a wheelchair.

Riley's eyes budged just as much as I took in the scene of her holding a blunt.

She coughed, patting a hand on her chest before passing it to Reggie.

Am I out of it right now? How did all of them get in here without me knowing? Including Ari?

"Booooooo!" Shawn groaned, pulling a tissue out of the many tissue boxes circled on the floor and waving it at me.

"Yeah no girls allowed." Ryder mumbled next to him.

"But Rileys a girl!" I whined. 

"Not technically." Shawn shot back, before getting a glare from both Riley and Ryder.