Old Wounds!

2020

Scrooge's POV:

He pulled himself together and into the closet bathroom. He washed his face but was using the sink to hold himself up. He hadn't had a chance to think about the amount of pain being in that bunker had put him in but being blasted into the wall didn't help.

He knew his work for the day had only begun. He collected himself and headed to his office. Gladstone and Della had also just made it.

"Scrooge, we need to talk." ____ ran up to him.

She had changed. Despite her face being washed she looked like had just taken a beating. Her hair had sand in it and the Time Turner was stuffed in her pocket.

"We'll let you two," Della pointed at the door.

"Actually, where is Beakley?" she asked.

"With Donald," Della said hesitantly.

"Do you mind keeping an eye on them until we join you?" She asked.

"Um," Della looked at him. He nodded for her to go. It would give ____ piece of mind at least. "Sure."

"I'll just," Gladstone disappeared into the office.

Gladstone POV:

He spun into the room and marched past the copy of his uncle. He should've waited to come in here but it wasn't about to get in the middle of that shit storm. He stared at the door sullenly for a second too long because the poser cleared his throat.

"I wasn't expecting you," the imposter laughed. "Then again this world is topsy-turvy. Isn't it?"

He held his tongue and his fist, hoping the door would open soon.

"You know I shouldn't know he didn't like ya. The luck aside." Nega-Scrooge sat up in the seat. "The way you look at his wife would set any man into a jealous rage."

"Wife?" Launchpad spoke up. Gladstone had forgotten the lard limb was there. "No, no, no. ____ and Mr. McDee aren't married."

Nega-Scrooge glared at him. Then scoffed.

"So that wasn't a well know secret," Nega-Scrooge scoffed. Then narrowed his eyes. "But ya know, lad. And ya didn't back off. Tell me. What does she think of the wounded soldier act? Pretending to be victimized by this weakling version of me when you're the true fox in the hen house?"

Thankfully the door opened and he locked eyes with _____.

Scrooge's POV:

"Are you alright? I'm so sorry. My magic has been lashing out. I didn't mean to hurt you," ____ rambled before he could speak.

Slowly he reached for her and she clasped at his touch.

"I know, Love. I'll live," he whispered. He couldn't help but look her over again. "Been time traveling?"

"It wasn't planned, but I think it helped my mood. Though we need to keep an eye on Webby," she said, but wouldn't look at him.