Chapter 15

Back at home, Akira couldn't help the giddy smile that seemed to have taken over his entire day. He hummed to himself as he moved about, his heart lighter than it had been in a long time. Satoru, sitting on the couch and observing Akira's uncharacteristic cheerfulness, couldn't help but be curious.

Leaning forward in his seat, Satoru quirked an eyebrow. "What's got you so happy?" he inquired, a mixture of genuine curiosity and concern in his voice.

Akira turned to look at Satoru, his smile still present but now tinged with a hint of bashfulness. "Nothing," he replied nonchalantly.

Satoru's gaze remained fixed on Akira, his expression more serious now. "Are you sure?" he pressed, a note of concern creeping into his tone.

Akira nodded, sensing the gravity in Satoru's question. "Why do you ask?" he inquired cautiously.

"You haven't been this happy since... you know," Satoru trailed off, a heavy implication lingering in the air.

Akira's smile faded, and he locked eyes with Satoru, his expression growing more guarded. "What are you saying?" he asked, his voice betraying a hint of apprehension.

Satoru sighed, his concern evident. He stood up and walked closer to Akira, his tone filled with genuine worry. "Have you seen him?" Satoru asked, his voice low and serious.

Akira weighed his response carefully, fully aware of the significance of his words. After a moment of contemplation, he shook his head. "No," he replied.

Satoru let out a sigh of relief before continuing. "Good, someone might have spotted him around this area," he explained, his eyes conveying the importance of the situation. "So, be careful," Satoru added, his words a subtle reminder of the dangers that still lurked in their world.

Akira nodded in understanding, a renewed sense of caution settling over him. 

-----

Akira moved swiftly, shrouding himself beneath his hood as he discreetly left the dormitory. The anticipation weighed heavily on him, and he checked his phone incessantly, hoping for a message from Suguru.

Once on the streets, Akira meticulously followed the directions, navigating through the alleys with precision until he reached the designated meeting point. Restless, he tapped his feet on the pavement and drummed his fingers anxiously.

Approaching footsteps drew his attention, and Akira's relief was palpable as he sighed softly upon spotting Suguru emerging from the shadows.

"Suguru," Akira greeted with a warm smile.

However, the joy on his face gradually waned as he took in Suguru's conflicted expression.

"I have something to ask you," Suguru began, his voice laced with uncertainty.

"What is it?" Akira inquired, taking a step closer toward Suguru.

Suguru's request was enigmatic yet resolute. "Join me," he uttered.

Akira's reaction was immediate, a step backward accompanied by a puzzled look. "What?"

Suguru repeated his plea, his tone unwavering. "Join me."

Growing more determined, Akira sought clarification. "Join you in what, exactly?" he pressed, his tone sharpening with intensity.

Suguru's gaze remained fixed on Akira, his response unequivocal. "Join me in pursuing my dream of getting rid of non-jujutsu sorcerers," he declared.

Akira's face contorted with inner conflict, and the weight of the decision ahead of him hung heavy in the air as he contemplated Suguru's unexpected proposition.