7

Liliana's P.O.V:

When I pulled up to work, I noticed the head bouncer's motorcycle was replace with a shiny silver Tesla. Must've been nice to afford one of those. I turned my car off, sighing as I grabbed my stuff, then jumped out the car. I headed into the building, stopping at the Tesla as a jeep pulled up next to it. The two new bouncers hopped out the jeep, walking to the Tesla, and helped out the head bouncer. The head bouncer looked pale, like he was fighting an illness, then I noticed beads of sweat running down his face.

He only stared at me when he noticed I was looking at them, then I felt so embarrassed for no reason. I turned away from them, hurrying inside. I nearly sprinted to the back when I stopped to hear moaning and groaning coming from Liam's office. Oh, great! Either he was banging one of the girls that he rotated to, or he was out and someone was using his office to have a quickie in. I rolled my eyes in disgust, hurrying to my locker, and mentally whooped my ass for forgetting my AirPods at home.

I put my jacket and keys in the locker, grabbing my apron from the jacket pocket, and slammed the door. I ran to the bar, not wanting to hear anyone else having a "good time." Why did I have to forget the stupid things at home?!

I started to set up the bar when the head bouncer came to the bar and sat down on the stool. I only gave a small polite smile, then went back to putting pours on the bottles of liquor that needed it.

"Lily," I heard the head bouncer grunt, and I turned to look at him. He had his head resting on his hand, using his elbow to help prop himself up, and asked, "Can you get me a glass of water?"

"Sure," I nodded, getting a cup, and walking to the soda gun. I poured water in the cup for him, setting it down, and asked, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," he growled.

I glared at him, "Don't get pissy with me. Sorry I asked a damn question."

"No, wait," the head bouncer stopped me from leaving by grabbing my wrist, and I looked at him. He sighed heavily, and said, "I'm sorry, Lily. I didn't mean to say it in that tone."

"It's fine. You're sick, and I didn't know that you were feeling this bad," I placed my free hand on his that still held my wrist, and pulled my wrist out of his grip.

"I'm not sick. Well, kind of," the head bouncer said, only studying me for some reason.

I only walked to pour myself a cup of water, taking a sip of it, and said, "You're kind of sick? You look like death."

He only chuckled softly, "You can say that."

I took my phone out, taking a picture of him, then showed it to him as I said, "You really do look like death. Liam could probably let you go once he gets done getting his rocks off."

"Getting his rocks off?" He asked.

I thought about it, then said, "He's banging some girl in the back. I give it two minutes top before he comes out."

"And how do you know that?" The head bouncer questioned, and I felt uneasy as some slight jealousy started to overcome me.

"Because he's my eldest sibling's best friend. He lived with us for a few years when they graduated high school. Whenever my mother went on one of her benders, they'd have parties to distract my brothers from my mom's bullshit." I explained, and the jealousy feeling started to slip away.

"I forgot about Liam being close to your family," he said, and I nodded.

I explained, "Liam's a brother to me. I'm not into the Jensen Ackles look alike men."

"What kind of men are you into then," he looked at me.

I blurted out before I could stop myself, "Honestly, guys like you."

I covered my mouth with my hand, feeling my face turning red, then spun around to go back to finishing up the bar. I glanced back to see Aimee walking up to the bar, talking to the head bouncer, then she looked at me. She winked at me, trying to talk me up to him, but soon after, the muscle head of the bouncers walked up to them. He grabbed her by her wrist, yanking her along as she was complaining about wanting to talk to me, then the head bouncer only shook his head as he took another drink of his water.

He finished the cup as I finished setting up, getting up, and took out his wallet. What the hell was he doing? He merely pulled out a twenty, placing it on the bar top, and I started at him as he slid it closer to me.

"Thanks for the water, bartender," the head bouncer winked.

I only felt my cheeks burning then he let out a chuckle as he walked away. I grabbed the twenty dollar bill, stuffing it in the tip jar, and Liam came to stand behind the bar as he was fixing his shirt. He looked so sweaty, making me almost vomit, and he started at me.

"What, my shirt's on backwards?" Liam asked, trying to look down at his shirt.

"No," I gave a disgusted look. I walked out of the bar to get more cups from the back as I said, "You smell like ass, sweat, and sex."

"How did you know?" Liam demanded.

I rolled my eyes, grimacing as I called back to him, "Get some girls that know how to shut up during! You're worse than Ian!"

"Hey, that's offensive!" Liam howled back, offended, and I smiled evilly as I walked to the back.

After I came back with a crate of cups, Liam was already at the entrance of the club with the head bouncer. They were talking, even gathering the other bouncers around, then the head bouncer looked up at me. He only winked, making me tear my gaze away, and I heard Aimee cooing her usual song at me to get my attention. I ignored her endless babbled about her trying to get me to go a double date with her. To her, I was that one friend who was a challenge to be paired off with. It didn't surprise me, given that Aimee had her only ways of doing things.

I finished setting the cups up as Aimee demanded, "Are you even listening to me?"

"No," I shrugged, not even glance up to look at her.

Aimee growled out a frustrated sigh, then whined, "C'mon Lily! Please just go a double date with me! I won't ditch you like I do with Mel."

"And just like that, I know you're planning to," I glanced up at her as I rested my hands on my hips.

She looked around me, then said, "Lily, have you always looked this cute? I love it."

"We're wearing the same thing," I reminded her.

She kept trying to compliment me horribly, then whined, "Liliana, please! I won't beg you for a week if you come out with us this one time."

"No," I rolled my eyes.

Aimee only whined again, "Kaiden really likes you, and I'm trying to be his wing woman while also helping you to get laid."

"Who's Kaiden?" I stared at her.

Aimee pointed at the head bouncer, "Kaiden? That Kaiden right there with Liam barking at the other bouncers? Don't tell me you didn't know the name of the head bouncer!"

So that was his name? I only looked at her coldly as I said, "I don't pay attention to names, Aimee. You know this."

"Are you staring at him?" She asked as I watched Liam and the head bouncer, Kaiden, talking to the bouncers.

I felt so lost staring at him, and even more lost in his eyes when he looked up at me. I tore away from his gaze after catching myself in thinking of taking Aimee up on that offer. No, I wasn't going to date. No matter how I kept finding Kaiden hot, or how much I felt such a pull to him. I was never ever going to date.

Love was a trap. Love was a trap! It was a trap, but why did I feel like testing it when I was around Kaiden?

Maybe Aimee was right. I needed to get laid...or buy a toy.