14

(i'm back from my tiny break! i'm trying to get these parts out as soon as i can. y'all let me know how the book is going for you and i hope you all love it! also thank you for the 80 reads :D)

Liliana's P.O.V:

It was about ten to fifteen minutes since we left the hospital, and Kaiden hadn't even looked my way once. The driver was on the road to head out of town with Kaiden talking to him in a language that I didn't understand. I looked to see if there was a lock that I could pull in case I needed to jump out this moving car. There was no lock for me pull. Stupid modern electric car! I kept glancing around to see if there was any way out of here, but it ended in finding no way out. This was why I loved my little rabbit!

The sick part of me—which was my stupid heart—that still wanted to be with Kaiden was loving being in a backseat with him. The logical side of me just kept replaying the images of him turning into a complete psycho then shooting my ex-boyfriend with what sounded like all the bullets in the magazine of his gun. It was something that was probably going to take a few months at the minimum to get out of my brain. Maybe even after a few night terrors would I have been able to deal with it better.

Leaning against the window, I rested my head on my hand as I used my elbow to help me prop my head up. I kept thinking of everything, feeling my eyes growing heavy, then I felt someone tucking my hair being my ear. I slapped the hand away, jumping up slightly, and stared at Kaiden as he looked a little hurt by me slapping his hand away. I felt a little guilty—wait, why was I feeling guilty?! He helped put my ass in the hospital and now was taking me out of it to some unknown place. This was where I was going to shot, wasn't I?

The Tesla pulled up to a small diner just outside of town, making me look around, then I heard Kaiden moving around. I felt something heavy on my shoulders suddenly when I unbuckled the seatbelt. I looked to see Kaiden put a black leather jacket around my shoulders, and I stared at him then back down at the jacket.

Kaiden leaned closer to me as the driver got out the car, then Kaiden said, "Can I trust you to not run off? The vampire could be anywhere close, and I can't protect you if you run off. So, stay next to me."

"I'm not a dog," I shoved the jacket off my shoulders and tried to get out.

Kaiden grabbed my wrist, yanking me back to him, then I stared into his eyes as they showed the fiery color again as he said, "If you run off and get killed, I will lose my shit. I am the only thing right now that can protect you."

"I don't need protection," I tried to rip my arm away, but he didn't budge.

"You have no idea what's going on and this fucking attitude isn't helping." Kaiden was talking to me as if I were something to him more than just a coworker.

I finally ripped my wrist away from him, glaring at him as I vowed, "I don't need protection. I can take care of my damn self on my own."

Getting out of the car, I watched the door close and tried not to think about putting that jacket on so I would be engulfed in the wonderous scent of rain and leather. Kaiden was in front of me with in the time it took for me to look down at the jacket then back up. He was standing in front of me, glaring harder than I did in the car, then he took my wrist. I tried to pull away from him with all my strength, but he refused to let me go and just pulled me along. Kaiden didn't say a single word to me, only almost dragging me along, then he pulled me to stand in front of him. He hurried me into the diner as Jason was getting a table for all of us.

We sat down at a table that was meant for six people with all three of the bouncers now talking in a weird language. So it was going to be me getting dragged along by Kaiden to the boys' club meetings now? Great! I should've just been left in the stupid Tesla. I got up, walking to the bathroom as I felt too tense for no reason, then stepped in the ladies room.