50

(i know this part is really short and i am trying to flesh out the next parts! please be patient with me and enjoy this new part. only a few more parts until this book is finished!! happy reading everyone ^-^ [there is a trigger warning for a tiny bit of gore but i will let y'all know!])

Liliana's P.O.V:

I remembered one moment, having Aimee crying on my shoulder, Gia peeling her off of me, and the next... the house was being destroyed by what I assumed to be what everyone kept calling fledgling vampires. Aimee was shoved out of the house first, Gia was holding onto me, then the bodybuilders reached for the two of us. They led us outside into the backyard as Aimee asked me if I were okay. I ignored her as I felt a sudden wave of dread hitting me. Was that Kaiden? Was he near enough to finally feel his emotions in the bond?

Gia and Aimee were both pulling me along when I stopped in my tracks when we got within eyesight of the front lawn. The vampires and Jason's pack were fighting to the death. I stared in complete shock, when I looked further passed the fighting. a pair of ocean sapphire eyes start to pierce into my soul. My entire body froze in fear, my heart thundering in pure terror and blaring in my eardrums.

"Lily, c'mon!" Aimee screamed in my right ear, tugging on my arm, but I couldn't move.

Everything in me was screaming at me to run, but I didn't have the strength to move my feet in the direction that led away from him. I was frozen in place, every single muscle in me was the toughest stone a statue would've ever been made out of. Gia and Aimee finally looked where I was staring, both gasping in terror.

"Oh, my god he's got—"

[trigger warning for this paragraph only!]

Gia's sentence was cut off by Aimee's scream of agonizing terror when Calvin slowly lifted up a severed head. The head of...Milena and I'd recognize that shade of red hair anywhere. This fucking bastard killed her, and brought her head as some sort of sick trophy. Something was really wrong with this fuck and I was mentally going to beat my own ass over and over again for ever thinking anything positive of him.

"Lily, you're bleeding?!" Gia demanded, and I looked down to my left hand to see a small drop of blood slowly drip off my pointer finger.

Calvin's eyes never left my frame when I looked back at him, and I knew this was it. If Kaiden didn't magically appear, then I was going to die. Looking at Gia, I realized she and Aimee would give their lives for me to keep him away from me. I couldn't let their deaths be on my blood soaked hands already. I looked at the bodybuilders, then back at the two witches.

"No." Gia breathed, realizing what I was about to do.

Aimee finally got the hint after a few more minuets of silence from the three of us while the echoes of fighting rang through the lawn. Aimee finally walked to me, and asked, "If you do, what do you want us to tell Kaiden?"

"Don't burn the world down." I smiled weakly, then glanced back to see Calvin tossing Milena's severed head to his brother.

Gia was screaming at me to not do this, but before Aimee and I could convince her, one of the wolves jumped on something behind me. I was yanked to the two witches by Gia, spinning around, and saw a wolf on top of Cameron. Gia and Aimee both dragged me into a sprint, nearly dragging me in their sprint to a small black car. All three of us got in—I fought against it but lost—then Aimee started up the car, and drove off. I looked back to see Calvin taking a leisurely walk after the car, his hands in the pockets of the faux designer three-piece designer suit. Calvin was going to get me and kill me.

This was just going to be a matter of when.