31

Liliana's P.O.V:

I waited for everyone to leave the room-which happened fairly quickly when Kaiden realized I wasn't going to say anything else-resting in the bed as I stared out the window that was allowing the sun to shine through even thought it was five in the evening. I wanted to run out of here. Ironically, I wanted Kaiden to attempt in holding me but I knew better than to keep wishing that. If I had my lore correctly from mythology classes I took in college, I was something that was even worse than a grim reaper...I think. Where was Liam and his big brain about this supernatural crap when I needed him?

I heard the door opening, closing my eyes to fain that I was asleep, and I refused to open them as I felt Kaiden's emotions in the bond. I felt his fear, his worry, and his...guilt? His guilt confused me. Why was he guilty? Did he feel bad about his grandmother ambushing me? He didn't have to. Everyone had a family member like his grandmother, human or not. His worry was probably about my injury. For his fear, I think it was for the "interrogation" or whatever he was going to have to drag me too.

"I know you're not asleep, Lily," Kaiden said, but I kept my eyes closed as I listened to his footsteps hearing this way.

My heart was beating unevenly at the extremely wishful thinking of him just climbing in the tiny hospital bed to merely hold me. Stop it, I had to stop myself from thinking about anything else. I felt Kaiden sitting on the bed, near my thighs. I wondered if he was going to touch-stop it! This was not the time to let my hormones rule me as if I were seventeen again and actually into the guy.

"Lily," Kaiden called my name, and I felt his frustration in the bond. He reminded me, "I know you're faking it. I can see your heartbeats coming in unevenly."

Shit. I forgot I was hooked up to the stupid heart monitor. Nope, I was going to keep this up. He'd give up eventually...right?

Kaiden only exhaled, irritated at me, then warned me, "I will do something if you don't open your eyes."

"And I'll kick your ass if you try," I threatened.

I didn't know how I was going to kick a six-foot hot guy's ass while in a hospital bed, but I was going to attempt. I felt Kaiden's hand on the outer part of my left thigh and every single cell in me was exploding in excitement. Down, kitty! I needed to keep myself in check, but it was hard when I knew how much I just wanted to be over my phobia just to hold him. Instead, I lowered my right hand and pulled his hand off of my thigh. That was a big mistake. Kaiden caught my hand, pulling me to sit up fully as my eyes snapped open. He caught me from falling back onto my shoulder by placing his hand in the center of my spine.

I stared into his coal onyx orbs as he was staring into my boring milk chocolate eyes, then he said, "Talk to me."

All I could think of in this moment was his hand on my bad and the other hand that was holding mine. His eyes and his emotions were searching for something in my eyes and the bond. Did he know that I was scared of admitting what I was? Did he see that now our soulmate bond was something to be avoided?

"Are you angry with me?" Kaiden's question completely stunned me enough to stop my mental panic attack.

"What?" I breathed.

Kaiden stared into my eyes, "Are you angry with me, baby? Tell me what's going on and I'll do anything to make it better. I can take your silence towards everyone but your silence to me is drivin' me crazy."

"Yes." Fucking liar...

Kaiden looked at me intensely, "Talk to me, Liliana. I'm begging you to let me in and help you."

"You can let go of me," I kept trying to hide my hatred towards myself as I saw his eyes slowly becoming more and more depressed at the thought of me actually being mad at him.