38 (part 2)

(thank you everyone for being so patient with me! i adore yall~ this part might be triggering for some so please read at your own risk. happy reading everyone and let's get to 190 reads soon ^-^ )

Liliana's P.O.V:

I walked around the mall, sighing as I wished I'd taken my grandmother and aunt up on their offer to let them tag along. Parts of me wanted to, but there was something in my gut that urged for me to tell them to stay home. I was glad that I took an Uber here instead of taking my grandmother's car that she shared with my aunt when I looked out the big glass windows to see that it was now starting to rain.

I entered one of the stores, adjusting the long sleeve that was Kaiden's on me. I washed and dried it last night and some sick part of me was grateful that his comforting scent wasn't completely washed out by my grandmother's laundry detergent. I had borrowed a jacket and some pants from my aunt, thanking God that her clothes still fit me. Walking around, I looked at a few clothes that would be enough to pack in a backpack. I was staring at the jewelry when I felt this big wave of dread and pure agony.

I froze in place as I turned around to see a mass of people running and screaming. My feet carried me out of the store, and I saw that people were running and screaming towards the exit. I looked in the direction that they were running from and my blood turned into pure ice. There was a man with short blonde hair tearing into some poor bastard's neck. When he looked up, I instantly knew those pairs of eyes as I froze in pure terror.

"C-Cameron," was all I could breathe out before he was in my face.

He still had that child-like grin after all this time, his lust for blood and hatred of humans were proudly on display for everyone to see in his eyes and body language. He grabbed the end of his sleeve, wiping off the blood that was dripping down from his chin. Cameron only smiled at me, those ocean sapphire blue eyes completely mirroring his brother's, then he grabbed me by the throat.

He lifted me in the air slowly as he sang, "Who knew I'd find you here, Lil? Cal's gonna stop digging into my ass when he sees you!"

"Calvin's...here?" I struggled to say as the air was slowly becoming less in my throat.

Cameron held me up as far as his arm could go, then let me drop to the ground as he shook his head, "Nope! King Asshole himself is still in Texas looking for ya. Once he heard that you were attacked by my little...plaything, he flew from Cali to Texas. He's probably figured out you've left by now and will start to go after your brothers soon."

"Stay away from my brothers," I croaked out, holding onto my throat with my left hand.

Cameron only grabbed my left shoulder, making me scream out in pain. One of the store clerks tried to rush at him with a mannequin arm, but he was too fast. Cameron kicked her hard in the gut that she flew back into the store window, completely shattering the glass on impact. I tried to crawl away, but Cameron caught my left shoulder again and dug his thumb into the knife wound through the bandage.

I screamed in pain, holding onto his cold wrist to attempt to pry his hand away. I slammed my palm into his chest as he was putting enough pressure to literally hover me as I laid on the ground. I watched him fly back from, holding onto my left shoulder as I laid on my right side. Cameron landed into a display which, lucky for me, had knives out as I was slow to get back to my feet. I felt blood trickling down as I turned my back to Cameron and hurried out the way I saw people running in the first place.