52

(there's a trigger warning for violence and the use of a firearm! enjoy this new part! happy reading everyone and thank you for being such amazing and beautiful souls to take the time out of your day to read this book! i adore yall! ^-^ )

Kaiden's P.O.V:

I tackled the fucker off and away from Lily, rolling with the leech and somehow managed to land on my feet. Before the sick fuck could get up, I used all the strength the reaper could give me to kick him in his gut hard enough to send him flying. I still felt the slight pains in my face and gut from where he had hit her, and that was enough to make me want to kill him over and over again.

The vampire was never getting a chance to get up as I kept on the attack, hearing Lily tell me in the bond to kick this fucker's ass. I planned on making this leech's death the most painful experience he ever lived through for even laying one little fang on her! Grabbing the leech by the collar of his fake designer suit, I pulled out a pistol filled with wooden bullets from the back of my jeans and pressed the barrel against his gut. I squeezed the trigger a few times, hearing the vampire howling in agony.

The reaper inside was relishing in the screams coming out of the vampire's mouth. I let the vampire go, kicking him hard enough to make him fly a few feet away from me. I was aiming the gun when someone jumped on my back. I judo flipped the new vampire off of me, managing to hold onto the gun as I saw the short haired one. I thought I got rid of him in Florida?!

The short haired one tried to fight me, but it was obvious he wasn't as strong as the older Von Stein twin. He had the speed edge on the elder one, but not by much. It was enough to keep me from firing at the older one, who was holding his bleeding torso. I managed to catch the vampire that had jumped me in a head lock. I forced the vampire to look at his older twin brother, squeezing the trigger into the right temple of his head, and heard the vampire screaming in agony.

I shoved the corpse of the newly and re-dead vampire away from me and felt the reaper taking over as I said to the twin who was so obsessed with my soulmate, "That was for Liam."

"You will die!" The vampire stood up, holding his stomach.

He charged at me, but not in time to stop the reaper from taking over. It felt like I was having an out of body experience. The reaper had me clock the vampire with a left hook, throwing the gun to the side, and gave the vampire an uppercut. The enjoyment of beating this vampire to a pulp, after knowing how much he made Lily suffer, was indescribable. I was intoxicated by the pain I was inflicting on the vampire, even using his face to test the strength of the road when I kept slamming it into the ground. The vampire did get a few swings, but it wasn't enough to stop the reaper.

The vampire caught my arm, taking a bite, then I started to punch the side of his head. When he let go, probably gathering some strength back from my blood, he stared at me in shock. I didn't let him speak, letting the reaper knock him hard to his ass, and started to stomp on his chest. I felt a few of the vampire's ribs cracking with each step a took then my head snapped up as I felt Lily's emotions fading.

Without thinking, I kicked the vampire in the face, hoping that would keep him down since I used all of my strength, and threw myself into a full on sprint towards Lily. No! She couldn't be dying on me! There was no way for her to be dying on me!

I found myself slowing as I saw Lily slowly trying to get up, then fall to the ground. I flew to her, catching her when she almost fell face first again, then she looked at me. Her mouth was bloodied, a few bruises slowly forming on her face, and her neck was covered in blood. I held her to me, burying her face in my chest, hearing her heart beats slowly becoming weaker.

"I...I tried..." she trailed off, her voice coming out soft enough to be considered a whisper.

"Don't talk, baby. Save your strength," I pleaded with her, pulling her back just a touch to see her face.

Did you—did you kill him? Even her thoughts were weak.

"Don't worry about that." I replied out loud, then she moved her arms to wrap around my shoulders.

She pulled me down to bury my head in her bloodied left shoulder, holding me with all the strength she had left. Lily let me in her head fully when she pulled away to press her lips on mine, showing me the times she always would look at me and how she did care about me. Then she showed me something like a fantasy. Her sitting with her brothers, myself by her side, and all of us with her father at what looked like a farm. I wanted that to happen for her, to be around her actually smiling for once, and enjoy her time with her family.

I felt us swing, then a gunshot ringing through the area that snapped me out of her head. I opened my eyes, breaking the kiss, and felt something wet running down her back. Looking behind her, I saw the vampire slowly lowering the gun in horror as I looked down at Lily with my eyes watering at the realization of what just happened. The vampire was trying to shoot me, but Lily must've saw...

NO!

I held her as she started to go limp against me, slowly falling to the ground with her in my arms as I heard my brothers and their soulmates screaming our names. Lily only looked at me, her breathing slowing down, then her eyes started to water.

She only whispered at me, "It's n-not your fault." Her hand was reaching to touch my cheek, gently brushing against my lower cheek as she ordered me in her head, Tell my family...I was happy here...with you.

I only looked up at the vampire, tears filled with rage and sorrow spilling out from the corner of my eyes. My family had reached us as the vampire had started to run off after throwing the gun away. I set her down, standing to my feet, and didn't respond to anyone that called my name. I only sprinted after the vampire, hearing the four of them call out to me, and found myself on the vampire's heels.

Let the world fucking burn, I didn't give a fuck anymore. This vampire was going to die!