13

Liliana's P.O.V:

It'd been nightfall when my brothers left my hospital room for the night. They were trying to bribe me to talk to them instead of responding in single word answers with some of my favorite foods from all over town. In all honesty, I knew they were worried about me, but I just wanted to be left alone. I wanted to go home, lay under my fleece blanket on the loveseat in my living room and watch horror movies. Anything besides this life was welcoming.

I got out of bed, grateful I wasn't tapped up to an IV drip anymore, and slipped on the hospital socks and shoes that were given to me. I walked to the bathroom, pulling my hair into a low ponytail the best I could, and walked back out as I was grateful Illena had brought me some pajama bottoms, fresh underwear, and tank top. Walking to the door, I opened it and left the room. I walked out, heading down the hallway, and found the stairwell to the rooftop. I opened the door, stepping in, and closed the door behind me. I walked up the flight of stairs, making it to the roof top, then walked to the small benches they had up here.

I felt so trapped in that room, and with everything that went on, I wondered if Liam made the right choice in bringing me here in the first place. He treated me as his own kid sister that he always said he never had or wanted. But it was the fact that he lied to me that made the loneliness I'd been feeling for a year hurt even more. I wanted to believe that Liam had my best interest in his heart, but I found myself more pissed off with him. I looked up at the full moon, staring at the stars as I thought about Kaiden.

I didn't blame him for not telling me he was the one that saved me, but I did blame him for shattering my driver side window. As much as my heart wanted to take over and force me to run into his arms, I was never able to get his eyes out of my head. Once, I'd thought they were unique of a man who had saved me. Now, it was proving to me all over again that I was fucked in the relationship department.

First, my ex-boyfriend deceived me with his sapphire ocean blue eyes and turned out to be a complete psychotic monster. Now, the guy that I'd been wanting to break all my vows of being a nun was the exact same way. I hated my life so much more right now. Everything in my heart had been screaming for Kaiden since the first time I had laid eyes on him, but now, I was more afraid than ever. I was more afraid of being hurt by Kaiden than the wildest possibilities of Calvin being alive and coming back to finish what he started.

After a few more minutes of having a pity party, I got up, and walked to the entrance of the stairwell. I headed down to my floor, it felt a little too quiet. I walked out the stairwell door, looking around, and noticed the hallway to be way more quiet than usual. I walked to the nurses' station, wondering where they were. Granted it was nighttime, but usually there was a nurse always walking the halls. At least, according to Illena there was always one wondering the halls doing rounds.

I walked to the station, looking around to find it empty, and leaned over the counter. No one was hiding but I didn't expect to find anyone. Were they all on a dinner break or something? I heard a faint noise, which sounded like someone collapsing onto the cold tile floor. I did the stupidest thing ever. I found myself walking to the sound of the thud. I wanted to run back to my room, but the curiosity was forcing me. I turned the corner, seeing a male nurse's feet on the ground behind a small row of chairs.

"Hey, are you okay?" I called out, carefully walking to the nurse.

He didn't answer, only laying deadly still, then I leaned over the chair. I slammed my mouth over my hand to stop a blood curling scream from coming out at the sight of the male nurse. His eyes were wide open, blood still pouring out from his neck, and I saw his neck had been snapped clean. I backed away, shivering with utter terror, then heard a few people screaming.