22 (part 1)

Kaiden's P.O.V:

"We're witches," Aimee admitted to Lily, and I felt Lily's confusion taking over the bond.

I placed my hand on her shoulder, feeling her emotions slowly relaxing, then Lily looked at me for some help. I noticed Milena's glare at my hand on Lily, and stared back at Milena. I knew she hated hunters by the way she had nearly bit Lily's head off for asking if they were like us. I only braced myself to stop Milena in case she tried anything, and glanced at Lily, who was in her own head.

Lily finally asked Aimee, "Witches? Hogwarts type shit?"

Aimee and Jace snickered, but Milena didn't move a single muscle in her face. Aimee snickered, "I wish, but no. It's like what you see on bad supernatural TV shows."

"So, you can make something float?" Lily seemed even more confused, but her emotions were a mix of them. They were ranging from confusion, acceptance about her life, then back to confusion.

I rubbed my thumb on her shoulder, getting Lily to look at me, and I said to her, "Darlin', it's like if you go down to the new age shops and see a few of them there making something in a pot."

"It's called a cauldron, and we do not gather at new age shops, you uneducated fuck," Milena spat out, and I shot her a glare to shut up.

Before I could say anything, Lily glared at Milena as she said calmly due to her sudden change in emotion, "Could you not talk to him like that in his own house, Milena? He's not like you, so he wouldn't know anything."

"Why are you defending a fucking hunter instead of me, who's been your best friend since you started working for Liam?!" Milena snapped at Lily, and I forced myself to stay seated on my couch to keep from throwing her out of my house.

Lily's emotions flipped like a switch from being protective of me, to anger, then to a silent rage. Lily glared at Milena, "Don't make me kick your ass."

"How quickly you change after having some dick. I hope Kaiden's dick is better than that ex-boyfriend of yours," Milena scoffed then everything that happened next was in a split second.

Lily, in that split second, had Milena pinned against my wooden floor by her hand wrapped tightly around Milena's throat. Aimee tried to pry Lily, but she was met with Lily's back elbow to the ribs. Jace and I walked to the two girls, then Lily only looked up at us with a glare that made us take a few steps back in shock. Her eyes! They weren't the milk chocolate brown eyes I'd grown used to seeing. No, they were completely and utterly black. Lily only looked back down at Milena, placing her other hand on Milena's throat, and I watched her squeezed a little harder.

"Liliana, stop," Milena wheezed out, holding onto Lily's wrists.

I grabbed Lily by her elbows as Jace moved out of the way, then I nodded to him. In one swift move, I ripped Lily off Milena, then Jace stepped in the way of Milena as Lily only thrashed about and demanded me to let her go. I held Lily tightly, moving my arms to hold her in a hug from behind, and tried to keep her from thrashing around too much. Aimee was helping a gasping and coughing Milena up with Jace acting as a barrier in case for some unknown reason Lily broke out of my grasp.

"Her eyes," Milena coughed out, and I looked at my brother who was staring curiously at Lily's eyes.

"They're still black," Jace stated, then I looked down at a rage filled Lily.

I said to Lily, "You need to calm down, Lil. I know what she said pissed you off, but you can't kill your friend."

"I won't kill her," Lily said darkly, and I felt a darker intention to words in the bond.

I reminded her, "I can feel your true intentions, darlin'. Now, you will not try to kill your friend in my house."

"Her eyes are still black, Kade," Jace looked nervous.

Lily only glanced at my brother, then he was sent flying back into my wall. Aimee ran to him, calling out to him, then Lily looked at Milena. Milena started to chant something, but Aimee was a lifesaver. Aimee clamped her hand on Milena's mouth, stopping her, then she shoved Milena away from Lily's line of sight. Lily's rage was too much in the bond as I felt the reaper slowly peeking out to see what's going on. Fucking shit!

I glared in pain at Jace, who was slowly getting to his feet, and ordered, "Get them out of here!"

"I'll hurt her," Lily hissed, still in my grip, and I kept her almost pancaked into my body.

No, no, no! Her rage was matching the reaper's, only it was more intensified. Something that I'd never felt before whenever the reaper took full control. I felt Lily trying to yank out of my grip, but failing miserably as I used half of my full strength to keep her against me.

Suddenly, something in the bond snapped and I swore I heard a weeping sound in my head. This sound was Lily's whimpering that was faintly calling out to me. I spun her around to look at me, holding her face, and made her look at me. I knew my eyes were changing colors by the look in her face. The blackness in her eyes slowly faded down to just her pupils as the milk chocolate in her irises returned. Lily stared at me, her eyes growing heavy, then she closed her eyes. I moved my hands to catch her from falling, then picked her up in my arms bridal style.

I glared at Milena, then carried Lily to my bedroom as I heard Aimee hissing at Jace, "What the hell was that?!"