Chapter 13:Escape

Rose's POV

Every movement was painful. Every blink. Every touch. Every breath. Everything. I wanted to die. To simply be rid of the pain. I would pray for freedom. Beg to any god that existed, or at least any that may have. All I wanted was to be free, with Matthew. I simply wanted Matthew. And as I had this simple wish, it was all that I would focus on.

Rose: "Matthew..."

My single eye, was as dull and colorless as my hope for freedom. As my head would hang to the side, I would simply stare at the morsels of my flesh that scattered the cell floor. A single tear would fall from my eye, mixing with the dried blood on my cheek. I wanted something that seemed so small and simple. So fragile and harmless. I wanted to enjoy ice cream and watch silly movies with him.

To make love. To make jokes. To laugh with him. Cry with him. Even have petty arguments, just so we could make up. We had barely had the chance to do any of it together. And as the days past, he only became a memory. But he was all I had to cling onto. He was hope. And if I let go of him, I would be dooming myself to this hell forever.

Rose: "Matthew..."

Open the door. Close the door. Rip the skin. Pull the eyes. Open the door. Close the door. Rip the skin. Cut the toes. Open the door. Close the door. Rip the skin. Pull the eyes. Open the door. Close the door. Rip the skin. Cut the toes.

Time had passed. And it was the same. Until the day of my freedom. The day that my kidnapper had walked in to my cell.

He would make his way over to me, but I had no care for it

He would make his way over to me, but I had no care for it. I simply wanted to be free from shackles. And it was something that I was almost certain he wouldn't provide. But I would be proven wrong. I felt the moving of my chains, and my gaze would slowly turn upwards. He was freeing me.

Philip: I don't think I ever told you my name.... It's Philip... I... apologize for bringing you here... But she had me under her control...

The only sound I had made within the past few weeks, were screams. I spoke with a heavy rasp, and a dry throat, and could feel a slight pain with every word.

Rose: ... C-Con-trol?

Philip: Yes...

The guilt was plain as day in his eyes. If I had more energy, I would have said more, but I simply couldn't.

Philip: Try to relax yourself while you heal. I'll get you out of here.

I would nod. And as I was freed from my shackles, he would wrap me in a small blanket, covering my body.

5 minutes later

Matthew's POV

I had found a large castle within these woods. It was giant, and had a greyish blackened color across the surface of its walls. And I was certain that Rose was inside.