Chapter 23: Silver

Matthews POV

As my hands would hold Rose's soft cheeks, I would kneel to her, and wipe the tears from her face.

Matthew: Rose, Rose, look at me.

I had never seen such an expression on her. She was completely and utterly terrified. Her breathing was heavy, and all I could do, was speak to her, in hopes that my voice would get through to her.

Matthew: Rose. Listen to my voice. Shhhhhh.

Her eyes would dart from one place to the next, and as I continued to soothe her, she would eventually see me again. Her tears were constant, and all she could think to do was hide herself in my chest. And I would hold her.

Veronica: How pathetic to see one of my own kind so weak like this. I should have killed you when I had the chance~.

Matthew: ... What?

She would chuckle to herself; as she spoke her next words, I could hear the smile in her voice, and the pleasure from my reaction.

Veronica: You must be the one she was calling to, hehehe... I would have loved to see you there with her. I'm sure you would have been so tormented to see your beloved little rodent in shambles.

Matthew: ENOUGH!!!

A silence would fill the woods for a moment, but all I could feel was the all to familiar boiling in my blood. I had to contain it, but it was taking everything in me to do so. Veronica would continue, and the next thing said, would be the needle in the coffin.

Veronica: It was most satisfying, when she screamed your name... Matthew was it? Hehe...haha, hahahahHAHAHAHA.

I felt fury like no other, and I would grit my teeth. It felt as if a vengeful spirit had taken over my consciousness. I was going irate, and I could feel a power coursing through me. Unbeknownst to me, my eyes would glow, causing me to quite literally, see red, and my size would expand exponentially, causing my bones to crack and morph into a greater variant of the abomination I already was. I would lay Rose against a tree, and allow myself to give in to it all.

Saliva would drip from my teeth, and my claws and fangs had grown longer and sharper. My body would naturally twitch from trying to sustain all of the adrenaline rushing through me. I would slowly turn to see the woman that had caused my bride this type of torment, and with each step, the earth would shake beneath me.

 I would slowly turn to see the woman that had caused my bride this type of torment, and with each step, the earth would shake beneath me

Matthew: "I SHALL HEAR THE NAME YOU SCREAM, ONCE I AM FINISHED WITH YOU!!!"

A powerful roar would escape my teeth. I would only hunger for the flesh of this putrid being. But as I allowed myself to sink into the abyss of this power, I would begin to become lost in it. The beast would become everything I was.