Prom

Knuckles pov

"YOU DID WHAT?!" My sister and parents yelled. "I ummmm asked shadow to marry me?" I said and their jaws stayed open in shock. "Of course after graduation and..... I just..... I really see myself with him forever ok.... We can wait until we get our own place and jobs." I looked down and heard my mom sigh. "Is that what you really want baby? I mean we absolutely love shadow and couldn't think of a better match but marriage is a very big step" she said. "Yes I'm very sure this is what I want mom" I looks at her and she sees I was completely serious. "Ok baby just tell us when you want it.... Of course if Mari agrees." She said.

Shadows pov

"HE WHAT?!" "He asked me to marry him mom and I said yes" I said and she just stared at me. "Mom I'm 18 but.... I really see myself with him for the rest of my life I really do. If it makes you more comfortable we can wait....." I looked down and mom could tell I was completely serious. "You better be lucky I love that boy like another son.... Ok baby if his parents agree to it you can have it whenever you want." She smiled and I hugged her. "Thanks mom" I said.
The next day our parents met up and we're in agreement making me and knuckles extremely happy. We wanted to get married over the summer after graduation but it'll be small with only our closest friends and family. They agreed and we got more excited. With prom around the corner we decided to not go because honestly we rather spend it going to the opening night of the new horror movie we been dying to see. Our parents were disappointed but after that homecoming drama they understood why we didn't want to go. It was a good thing we didn't go.....

Monday after Prom

Knuckles and I walk up to the school doors talking when we noticed the doors were locked. "Hey you two!" We turn seeing the principal. "Hey sir ummm why is the doors locked?" Knuckles asked. "You two haven't heard?" He said and we looked at him confused. "School has been canceled for two weeks due to the incident at prom." He said. "What happened?" I asked. "Yeah because we didn't go" knuckles said. "Well.... A student or two had brought a gun and shot at three people before shooting themselves. The three are ok the gunwomen sadly but good died." He said and we were shocked. "Who got hurt?!" "Well your friend tails, Mina, and Scourge. I'm currently trying to contact the acorns and Battons but no answer." "Wait Rouge and Sally are dead?" "Yes...." The principal said. "What hospital is Tails and Scourge at?" Knuckles asked and he tells us. We left the school and called our parents who just received the email and let them know we were going to see Tails and Scourge.

We had no idea how bad Rouge and Sally lost there minds.