Chapter 19

PLEASE READ A/N AT END!!!!

**************************************************************************

"So, still trying to kill them girls with your eyes?" I snap from glaring at the girls and turn to Kol.

"I'm doing no such thing." I reply, sipping my champagne. One of the girls puts her hand on elijah's arm and a growl sounds in my throat.

"Really?" He says smugly and I glare at him. "you know, you could just walk over and brake her spine."

"That would be braking your mother's rules." I state, sipping at my glass.

"So? I can do it, id love to spit back in my mother's rules." he says and I turn to face him.

"No, I don't want more blood on my hands." My eyes then dart to Damon, Elena and stefan. "but you can kill the doppelgänger." Kol looks at her with a grin.

"Wouldn't that be fun? Daggered back in a box... as much as I hate her, I'll keep her alive until Niklaus doesn't have the daggers in his reach." Kol replies. "I guess you still want the Salvatore?" I shrug.

"He wants Elena. I haven't given up on him until he fully gives up on me." I say, downing the drink and swapping the empty glass for a full one.

"So you focusing on my older brother now?" He asks with a smirk and I roll my eyes.

"I don't want him to know that... I like seeing him jealous." I shrug and Kol laughs.

"I don't think I've seen any girl try to purposefully make Elijah jealous." Kol says. "he's always been such an noble idiot."

"That's why I want to make him jealous... there is still the jerky, fun loving Elijah in him somewhere and I'm going to bring it out of him." I wink at Kol. "you want to help bring him back for a night?"

"A chance to mess with Elijah and hang out with my best friend? Of course." I laugh as we clink our glasses.

"Uh, if everyone could gather, please." Elijah's voice rings through out the hall and I find him stood on the stairs. Kol loops my arm with his as we walk to Elijah, standing behind him as Rebekah, klaus and Finn join.

"Welcome, thank you for joining us. You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this, it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance." Elijah continues and from the corner of my eye, I notice Esther walking down the stairs.

"Tonight's pick is a centuries-old waltz, so if all of you could please find yourselves a partner, please join us in the ballroom." Elijah finishes and everyone grabs a partner, Kol turns to me, a smirk on his lips.

"Would you do me the honours?" I laugh as we hold hands and make our way down the stairs. I recognise the dance as the one I daggered Kol at after Niklaus undaggered him again. From the corner of my eye, I see Elijah glaring at Kol and I grin. everyone gets into position around the edge of the room and we slowly walk around, hand in hand with our partners.

"I never told you how stunning you look." Kol says and I smile. Once everyone is ready, we start of into the waltz.

"Thank you." I reply and we start to waltz. "remember the last time we danced together?" I ask and he laughs.

"Yes, you stabbed me in the back, literally." I join in laughing.

"You think making Elijah jealous will work?" I ask and he smirks.

"I'm sure it will. Because if you haven't noticed, he hasn't been able to take his eyes off you all night. Also, he looks like he could eat someone." I glance at Elijah and realise Kol is right. our eyes meet and I smile before turning back to Kol. we both laugh before he quickly spins me around, changing partners. Sparks fly up my arms as my new partner holds them. my eyes look up and meet the brown ones. We put our hands in the right places and I am stuck in a trance.