Used Karma

(Minus the piercings)

Author's pov:

Emma excitedly ran downstairs as Bertram was going through mail.

"Bertram, is my new issue of Leopard Beat here?" she asked with a grin on her face.

"One moment," he said before he put on a pair of headphones. He then handed her a magazine from Leopard Beat, causing her to scream in excitement before she ran towards the couch.

"What's wrong? Who's hurt? First aid kit or ambulance?" Jessie asked as she ran out of the kitchen.

"Whichever it was, you made me mess up on my guitar lesson," Natasha said as she walked downstairs.

"My Leopard Beat magazine came. This month has a special feature on bra stuffing." Emma skimmed through a portion of her magazine. "Which is better? Tissues or socks?"

"Spoiler alert! It's neither. Quilted toilet paper, you're welcome," Jessie said before smiling.

"Thanks," Emma said.

"I'll put that on the shopping list," Bertram remarked as he went into the kitchen.

The doorbell buzzed before Tony entered the kitchen, holding a basket.

"What up, penthouse!" he called.

"What up, Tony," Jessie replied back.

"Hey, Jessie. I brought you a welcome to New York fuggeda basket," he said as he handed her the basket.

"Aw, thanks Tony. New York subway maps, Metro card, and...pepper spray?" Jessie said as she looked through the basket. "Is this in case I'm a victim of a-salt?"

Tony and Jessie laughed at the joke. Emma and Natasha smiled when Jessie turned to them, but their expressions immediately changed once she looked away.

°.♡┈┈∘*┈୨୧┈*∘┈┈♡.°

"You know, this is really nice of Tony," Jessie sighed as she was looking through the cards.

"Nice and obvious," Natasha replied.

"Tony's in love," Emma added. "It's all here in Leopard Beat." Emma showed the magazine page to Jessie.

"Surefire Signs a Guy is Crushing On You?" Jessie asked in disbelief. "First, he'll surprise you with presents."

"Tony gave you the fuggeda basket," Emma reminded her.

"Second, he'll laugh at your jokes."

"Tony laughed when you said victim of a-salt," Natasha added.

Jessie laughed. "Yeah, because it was funny."

"No, it wasn't," Emma and Natasha said in unison.

"Leopard Beat is never wrong. It's my roadmap to womanhood," Emma continued.