Zuri's New Old Friend

Author's pov:

Author's pov:

One morning, Jessie sat on the couch reading a book while Emma was sitting next to her texting and Natasha was listening to music.

"Woah, this is scary," Jessie said.

Emma looked up and took a peak at the cover of the book.

"You're Doing Everything Wrong? Aw, Jessie! You're reading a book about how to accessorize!" Emma said with a smile. Natasha took out one of her earbuds. "Good for you! Admitting you're doing something wrong is the first step."

"Watch it, or my second step is gonna be nailing your bedroom door shut," Jessie warned Emma, making her widen her eyes with horror. "No, this is a childcare book."

"I hope there's a chapter in there on inappropriate anger," Natasha remarked as Emma nodded.

"I'm sorry, but I'm just worried about Zuri. According to this book, she should've outgrown her imaginary friends by now," Jessie informed the girls.

"Well, I haven't noticed her talking to Millie the Mermaid lately," Emma suggested.

"Millie! Swim out, swim out, wherever you are!" Zuri called as she slipped to the living room and looked under the piano.

"Then again, you also didn't notice when she wore a Halloween costume till March," Natasha said.

"Good point," Emma said as she nodded.

"Uh, I have a little problem here," Bertram said as he limped into the living room. Mr. Kipling was clinging to his ankle.

"I'll say. Lizard anklets are so last season," Emma remarked.

"He's been so clingy lately. Like my mother. But without the mustache and bingo addiction."

°.♡┈┈∘*┈୨୧┈*∘┈┈♡.°

Later on, Jessie and the Ross kids were at Central Park.

"Thank you for letting me bring Mr. Kipling on our outing, Jessie," Ravi said before he looked at his pet lizard. "He's been very lonely lately."

"Probably because Bertram's leg broke up with him," Jessie commented.

"He sighs all the time and he just pushes his crickets around the dish. Also, he insists that I read him nothing but paranormal teen romance."

"I knew I saw drool on my Twilight books. I just thought it was mine." Jessie looked on. "I'm definitely Team Jacob."

"Really? Me too," Natasha said.

"How do I get you on Team Luke?" Luke asked as he stood up next to Jessie.

"Change your age, height, and abs," Jessie remarked.

"I have a six-pack."

"Yeah, of pudding cups," Zuri remarked from under the park bench, making the girls laugh.