{48} mary and piper

Elizabeth sat on the edge of her bed, nervously chewing on her bottom lip

Elizabeth sat on the edge of her bed, nervously chewing on her bottom lip.. "So you forgive them completely?" Mary had asked, her eyes searching for any hesitation in Elizabeth's response.

"Yes, Mary," Elizabeth had answered, her voice steady. "But I said I still need to earn their trust." The truth of her words weighed heavily on her heart.

Mary sighed, her worry evident in the lines creasing her forehead. "Are you sure about this, Lizzy?" she pressed, her voice filled with concern. "I mean, forgiving someone is tough enough, but even harder is rebuilding that trust that was broken."

Elizabeth nodded slowly, her mind racing with memories of the pain that had brought her here.

Piper entered the room, her cheerful demeanor in sharp contrast to the worried atmosphere. She flashed a bright smile at Elizabeth. "I'm really happy for you, Elizabeth," she said, genuine happiness shining in her eyes.

Elizabeth let out a smile.

"I'm really happy for you too, Elizabeth, but in all seriousness," she said, "Rebuilding trust isn't easy, and it can take a lot of time and effort."

Elizabeth nodded, grateful for her Mary's concern. "I know it won't be easy," she admitted, her voice tinged with vulnerability. "But I truly believe that forgiveness is a powerful force. And if I want to move forward, I have to let go of the pain and give them another chance."

Piper leaned in closer, her tone hushed. "Do you think they're deserving of that chance?" she asked, her voice filled with curiosity.

Elizabeth took a deep breath, memories flooding her mind. "They made mistakes," she said softly, her eyes filled with a mixture of strength and sadness. "But they've also shown remorse, and I believe in redemption. We all deserve second chances."

Mary decided to change the subject. "So I heard you met Paul's mate?"

Elizabeth smiled, remembering the day she met him. "Oh, yes, Michael."

"Is he hot?"

"Does he have biceps?"

"How tall is he?"

Elizabeth chuckled at her friends' eagerness to learn more about Michael. "Well, I can assure you, he's pretty attractive," she replied, teasingly. "And his biceps? Let's just say he could probably lift a car if he wanted to!"

Piper let out a playful gasp. "Oh, Paul is a lucky man!" she exclaimed, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "I can't wait to meet him!"