Chapter 5: Sunny Daycare

"Aren't you the most adorable angel?" cooed Aiden while holding Daisy in front of his face as David walked around the flat and grabbed Daisy's stuff to put inside her bag. 

"Uncle Aiden loves you a lot. You know this right? I know you love me more than your grumpy dad." continued Aiden with the most ridiculous baby voice David had ever heard.

David turned and glared at Aiden, but smiled as Daisy made a squealing sound and squeezed Aiden's cheeks with her tiny hands. "I knew it!" Aiden's eyes lit up and he kissed Daisy's cheek. "I always knew I'm your favorite."

 "Okay, that's enough." said David as he walked toward a pouting Aiden and took Daisy from his hands. "I'm ready, let's go. Pick Daisy's bag."

"Do you know a daycare around here?" asked Aiden as he slung the baby bag from his shoulder. 

"I will ask Jane if she knows somewhere." answered David as both men walked out of the flat and locked the door behind them. 

It was 10 a.m. and they were going to start their search for a lawyer. They had a few destinations in mind, real state, a police station, and a few law firms; places that were in no way a place for an infant.

So David reluctantly had agreed to put Daisy in a daycare for the time being though he hated the idea. Never before was he forced to put Daisy in a daycare for she had her own nanny who would always take care of her. The thought of leaving his daughter in the hands of a few dumb people who were taking care of several other babies and would neglect his baby was not sitting well with him.

Once in front of Jane's door, he knocked and a few moments later the door opened. Jane smiled instantly at the sight of them. 

"Hello, boys." she said while wiping her hands on her apron which was dotted with specks of flour. She offered Aiden her hand. "You must be the brother. Glad to meet you, dear."

"Pleasure is all mine, Ma'am." answered Aiden, flashing her one of his charming smiles. "I'm Aiden."

"Awww, your mother must be proud to raise such gentlemen." she awed but missed both men cringing at the mention of their mother as she began to coo at Daisy. "Ah, where are my manners? Come in, dears. I have tea and biscuits."

David cleared his throat, gaining Jane's attention again. "Thank you, Jane. But I'm afraid we must go." he said. "Sorry to disturb you, but do you, by any chance know a good daycare around the area where I can put Daisy there for the day?"

"I can gladly take care of her for you." Jane's eyes lit up as she glanced at Daisy. "I'm sure Grandma Jane can take care of this little angel for today."

 "That's very kind of you." answered David. "But It's not only for today and I don't want to disturb you every day. Taking care of a little infant can be tiresome."

"Nonsense," Jane waves her hand dismissively. "I'm not that old, son. Don't mind the wrinkles. But if you are more comfortable with leaving her in a daycare, I know the right place for you. It's a lovely place and you can be sure your baby will be in very good and capable hands. After all my dear Sarah works there."

David's stomach flipped at the mention of Sarah and her hurt expression flashed in his mind for a second. Of course, she would work in a daycare. She was so gentle and as young as she was, she knew how to take care of an infant professionally. Deep down he knew that she was someone he could trust Daisy with.

"Can you tell me the address, please?" he asked before he could stop himself. 

And so, 5 minutes later, he found himself standing hesitantly in front of the building that had been colored with bright cheerful colors. The name Sunny has been beautifully crafted on top of a bright sun on top of the entrance. Even from there, you could hear screams and loud voices of children inside.