Chapter-78: I love You (Part-2)

"And in Bondita's life there's no Bondita but only you, my dear sakha babu.", she added, "You are not my better half, but better full."

"Better full?", I burst into laughter, "What does that mean, sweetheart?" Bondita and her play of words will stir up laughter even amidst a serious situation. I remembered how she used to play with words while arguing with kaka, leaving him agitated. That fun would begin all over again once I marry and take her to our house.

"I mean, you are not just a part of me, but you are entirely filled in me. Bondita has no existence as such. Whatever is there, it is all you sakha babu. In that way you become my better full.", she explained.

I felt like laughing and crying at the same time. We were swinging between opposites for quite some time now.

"Really?", I asked in a husky tone.

"You know, I don't lie.", she said coyly.

"Then what have you been doing since the last seven days, madam?"

"I didn't do anything....", she stammered.

"I concur, you are a master in reading my mind; but I am nothing less, I suppose. I can read you very well too. Let me confess, you are the most favourite book of mine, dear Bondita. I would love to read you again and again, never to get bored.", I laughed making her blush.

"So", I continued, "my study told that you weren't actually angry with me. You were acting to be angry, feigning indifference."

She gasped at having been caught. "How are you so sure? May be I was really..", she tried to argue.

Holding her chin, I softly spoke, "You can't. The lady whose heart is as big as the sky, the woman whose patience is as much as that of the earth, the girl who can forgive even those who have wronged her in the worst possible ways, can never be angry with her beloved; that too for as long as a week."

Bondita burst into tears, saying, "Thanks to Durga ma. I was so worried that my indifference might break your heart, making you leave me forever. Every moment I ignored you, every time I refused to speak and didn't let you put your heart out, I cursed myself so much. I thought I will lose you forever due to my.."

"Mischief and playful desire.", I finished off the sentence much to her surprise. "I know it was all a part of your mischief. You wanted to play with me and drive me to roam around you like a crazy lover, isn't?"

She bowed her head down bashfully with guilt and nodded in affirmation.

"Then, may I know how did you like this crazy lover's side of your sakha babu?"

"It is amazing.", she blurted out, setting me into laughter, "I never dreamt even in my best dreams that I will get to see this transformation from Rakshas babu to Romeo babu."

"Rakshas?!", I gasped, puffing up my cheeks.

"I also said Romeo. Didn't you hear that?" "Alright, tell me, when you know all this before, why did you act like you believed in my act and why did you get sad whenever I ignored you? Besides, you also challenged that within seven days you will get me to speak my heart out. Why is that, sakha babu? Why did you bother about pleasing me, when it was getting difficult for you? You could've just opened up."

"Sweetheart, when you want to secretly play with your sakha babu, how can I spoil the fun by exposing the game? Besides, you wanted to see how desperate I become when you don't give your kind attention to me. So, it becomes my responsibility to show you how much your ignorance and indifference affects me. I was genuinely desperate to get your attention and to erase all the psychological differences between us. This is the reason I used to get sad when you wouldn't speak to me.