Chapter-95: Anidita's peek-a-boo

"Bahurani ji!!", Bihari exclaimed on spotting Bondita in my cabin. He instantly recognised her without any introduction.

"Bhari babu..!", Bondita too squealed in response.

The Roy Chowdhary family hasn't detached itself from Bondita, irrespective of the status of our marriage. She has always been an integral part of the family and their beloved daughter-in-law whatsoever. I have always wondered why kaka and the other members continued to address Bondita as their bahu and choti malkin even after our marriage annulment.

On the other side, even Bondita kept addressing my kaka and baba as kaka sasur ji (uncle-in-law) and sasurji (father-in-law) respectively. Perhaps, all of them knew the truth of our fate, that is, Bondita and I are inseparable. Or say, this is the thing about marriage. Once you are attached, you are attached forever.

"You really grew up so much, choti malkin.", Bihari declared with moist eyes, "I still remember how you once used to roam all across the haveli with your tiny feet. But now you are like a Madam."

"How much ever I grow up, I will always be your mischievous bahurani who would eat her Bhari babu's brain with her endless talks and trouble him with her activities.", Bondita chuckled amidst happy tears.

Both of them were so invested in their emotional reunion that they totally ignored my presence in the room.

"However, we are upset with you.", Bihari complained, "You have been coming to the house as Arjun for many days and didn't even reveal your identity to any of us.".

"I didn't have an option, bhari babu; because your chote malik was running away from Bondita. So, I had to come in disguise.", Bondita said with a sad pout, throwing a glance at me. "If I reveal my identity, you will not be able to hold yourself back from spilling the beans."

"Whatsoever, you and barrister babu had finally come together. This is enough for us to celebrate." "If that fateful incident wouldn't have happened, by now your wedding date should have been fixed.", Bihari said regretfully, stirring up Bondita's curiosity about the scandal once again.

"Bihari, what did you come to the office for?", I snapped at him.

"Pardon me, barrister babu. I have got emotional seeing choti malkin after years." "Here is your lunch."

He kept the basket containing lunch on my table and expressed his desire to serve us but I denied, asking him to take leave.

"Actually bade malik had asked me to see you eating. But now that bahurani ji is here, I can assume that you have eaten.", Bihari expressed his relief and complained to Bondita about how I denied to eat or carry my lunch.

"I know Bhari babu.", Bondita glared at me angrily, "Whenever your barrister babu is angry, he vents it out on food."

"But you are the only one who can handle his anger, aren't you? I am sure he will eat if you serve him, with love.", Bihari stressed on the last two words with a bashful smile and took leave.

Bondita then began to arrange my table by neatly placing the files and papers to one side, making space to serve the food.

"I have ordered the food for you.", I told her nonchalantly.

"Hush! Keep quiet.", she commanded, placing a finger on her lips, as if I am a child. "Enough of drama for the day."

"Can't you hear when I say I ordered it for your sake?"

She didn't bother to listen to my words and placed the empty platter before setting out the food items on it.

"Now be a good boy and start."