16. Another meeting

Sitting down on the stairs next to Junpei, you boredly glanced at the sunset, a small sigh escaping your throat as you took in the beauty of the sight.

Pretty...

"Huh ? Did the ground just shake ?"

Glancing at Itadori, you nodded in agreement, eyes flickering to Junpei as he also nodded, before speaking up.

"Yeah, intensity two or so ?"

"Mmh..nothing to be too scared of, then."

You mumbled, mindlessly drawing shapes with the tip of your shoe on the ground as Junpei just stared at you curiously.

"Nope, Ijichi-san's not anwering !"

"Oh, that's no good.."

What were you two supposed to do now..?

Itadori seemed lightly frustrated as he held the fly head. His eyes flickered to you and Junpei, grip tightening around the fly head ever so slightly, making it squeak and squirm in his hold.

"Jealousy isn't a nice color on you, brat."

Itadori's eyes widened and twitched, his eyebrows furrowing as he loosened his hold on the fly head a little bit.

"Shut up, Sukuna."

He hissed out, glancing back between you and Junpei, talking and laughing.

"I'm just making you aware of your own feelings, fool."

"As if you were any better, creep."

Sukuna scoffed at that, crossing a leg over the other and leaning his chin on his palm, drumming his fingers on the side of his throne as he rolled his eyes.

"Next time I take control of your body, you'll see.."

Itadori frowned at that, since Sukuna got oddly quiet after this sentence. He shook his head before focusing back on the mission at hand.

"Listen,"

Itadori turned fully around, glancing down at Junpei as you listened to him.

"There were people who died at the theater you went to the other day. Did you happen to see anything ?"

Junpei's mouth formed into a "O" shape, following Itadori's gaze as he showed him the fly head as an example.

"No, I didn't.."

A small defeated sigh left your throat as you leaned back, looking up at the sky.

"I've only recently started seeing those clearly."

"I see.."

Itadori's frown shifted into a smile as he made his way to Junpei, still holding onto the fly head.

"Well, I have nothing else to ask then !"

"Huh ?"

Junpei seemed surprised, glancing between the two of you as if he thought there would be more.

"That's it ?"

"Well, yeah, kinda.."

You stammered awkwardly, rubbing the back of your neck with a small apologetic smile.

"But could you still wait until my.. I guess he's like my boss... shows up ?"

"Yeah..sure."

"Thanks !"

Itadori sat on the other side, also next to Junpei as a comfortable silence spread between the three of you. For some seconds, you could see Junpei shifting in slight nervousness while you and Itadori seemed more relaxed.