22. Kyoto

The minutes you've spent in the Exorcism Race was enough for your poor little heart to almost stop.

From staying as a group to being separated as you stayed alongside Yuji, somehow getting forcibly acquainted to Todo Aoi, a third year at Kyoto, who pestered you two for you type of women.

The three of you stayed together, running back to the leaves and branches you all saw spurting out of nowhere, all the while Megumi's dogs howled.

"It's Megumi-! What if he's hurt !"

Gritting your teeth, the opponent finally came in your visions as it seemed to have curled some sort of branches around Maki, keeping her stuck in place as Megumi coughed up blood.

"It's time to tag out."

You heard Maki's voice, and following the two boys, you all jumped down and slammed onto the ground below, forcing the curse to take a step back from Maki as Todo caught her in his arms, all the while you rushed to Megumi, one hand hovering above the plant feeding on his cursed energy.

"You good to go, my friends ?"

Yuji stood up back straight, lifting his fist in front of his face as his pink haired bounced up slightly when he nodded.

"Yeah !"

You did the same, frowning as you looked back at Megumi before standing up straight.

"Trust us, Megumi."

Said boy could only stare at your back with wide eyes, mouth gaping dumbly as he held back a incoherent noise of surprise at your care.

"Stop it, Y/n, Itadori !"

He grunted, falling back down on his knee as he tried to reach out to you, one of his eyes closing in pain as his eyebrows twitched.

"That's not something we can handle..!"

Glancing back at the boy, your gaze flickering back to Todo carrying Maki to Panda for a second, you crouched down and placed a hand on his back when he coughed.

"Megumi."

Just a whisper of his name had him almost melting as he stared up at you, feeling an uncontrolable urge to reach out, wrap his arms around you and never let go again.

"Take those two and move out of here. According to Nishimiya, this is an anti-Gojo Satoru veil, so we can come and go without issues."

Your eyes widened for a bit as you took in Todo's words, biting down on your nail as you frowned.

"Anti-Gojo Satoru veil...this is insane. A veil specifically made to stop one singular person from entering."

Well at least, now you really were aware of how strong Gojo was, to have a veil used specifically against him and him alone.

'would that work with anyone else, though ? Anti-Y/n veil...ehh..?'

"Wait ! Even you can't-"

"Fushiguro."

"Megumi."

His eyes were wide as he looked back at you and Yuji as you stepped closer to the pink haired boy, a smile appearing on your lips as you tilted your head back while Yuji looked at Megumi over his shoulder.

"It's okay."

Fuck, fuck, fuck. What was he supposed to do ? In such a short amount of time, you and Yuji both had near death experiences, especially you. He couldn't just stand by and do nothing but what was he supposed to do in this state ? Being forced into an useless, no-cursed-energy-allowed state.