11- 'Friendly Date' pt.1

"Taehyun, if only you say yes then we will be rich. We have done so many things for you and the only thing we need you to do is to say yes" Mr. Kim said while driving back to their home.

"But that's not fair to Beomgyu, he is their child! And also my friend, friends don't betray each other." he said the last part in a whisper, not wanting the other two to hear it.

"Friend? Haha, that's the funniest thing I have heard from you. You think he considers someone like you a friend? You are not worth it," Mrs. Kim laughed while insulting Taehyun.

"Listen here boy, we took care of you and raised you when your bastard parents left you, do you think any sane person would do that? All we are asking you is to say yes to their offer and go on with your life." Mr.Kim was serious while he said that, it made Taehyun nervous.

Taehyun remembers their conversation with Mr. and Mrs. Choi, back at Beomgyu's house.

"Taehyun-ssi, we have an offer for you and only if you say yes, we will give you anything you want" Mrs. Choi started as she put her fork and knife down on the table.

"An offer?" he asked.

"Yes, there is gonna be an event next week and we have to bring our son there. He is gonna be the next CEO of the Choi company, so he has to be in that event. The only problem is that, that arrogant, stubborn kid doesn't want to take over the company and join the event." Mr. Choi explained.

"Then... What does that have to do with me? If you want me to pursue him to join the event, then I'm sorry to say but we are not close friends and I'm afraid he won't listen to me" Taehyun was confused, why do they want Beomgyu to take over the company? Isn't he too young? Or what if he doesn't even want to be a businessman?

Mr. Choi chuckled as he heard that. Taehyun is smart but he can't even figure this out?

"Actually we want you to do quite the opposite, we want you to go to the event as Beomgyu, they haven't seen him so they don't know how he looks like, and I would be happier if someone smart, intelligent and polite like you be seen as my son, not someone childish and arrogant as Beomgyu."

Taehyun was silent, he didn't know if he should take that as a compliment to him or an insult to Beomgyu. He can't do that, he just became friends with the boy and now both their families want to separate them just because of some stupid business event.

But he knows that he can't say no, that will be an end for him, Mr and Mrs. Kim will not let him live if he said that.

"I -I actually don't have an answer right now, is it okay if I take some time and think about it?" he asked politely, the only thing he can do right now is to buy some time for himself, not quite helpful but a smart move.

"Of course, but only for 3 days, the event is next week and we need an answer in the next 3 days." Mrs. Choi said.

Now that Taehyun thinks about it, he should have said no at that time. Beomgyu is more important to him than himself, he is his friend, someone he hadn't had in a long time and he is not gonna break his heart just so he can have money.

"W-what if I say no? I would rather be poor than gain money that way" he asked them and suddenly the car stopped, making him lose balance and hit his head on the window.

"Are you stupid? Money is money, it doesn't matter how you get it! and if you decline the offer, you will no longer be living under my roof!" Mr. Kim yelled.

"Sorry" he muttered.

The next day, Taehyun woke up without having to hear Mrs. Kim's annoying loud voice, he got up and got ready for today's hangout with Heeseung and Beomgyu.