26- 'Perfect' Life

TW/ child abuse, implied mention of self harm, suicide

+×+

The Choi Company is one of the greatest food companies in South Korea, as it produces the most delicious and fresh foods in the whole country. It was inherited by Choi Geesung from his late father Choi Wonshik who died of cancer.

Choi Geesung, who is one of the most successful CEOs in the food industry of Korea, married to Jang Yeon-soo in his early 30's and as a result of their marriage they had two children.

The oldest, whose name is Choi Beomseok and the youngest whose name is Choi Beomgyu. The two are separated with a four year age gap.

The Choi family was everyone's dream family, they had everything any happy family needed. Rich, smart, good looking kids, happy, lovely, and good business leaders.

But what actually lied inside the house was hidden from the public image.

Beomseok and Beomgyu, from a young age knew well not to interfere or anger their dad, as it never led to something good. From a young age, they were forced to live the life their parents wanted them to, all their life decisions were made by their parents, they didn't even have the right to choose who they wanted to be when they grew up.

Beomseok was a good listener and an obedient child, doing anything his dad wanted him to, but as food Beomgyu...

Well, he was rather unique.

Or that was what others called him, even though he obeyed the rules, he didn't always do as his dad wanted him to, always getting himself into trouble.

He was known as a shame for the Choi family, the other kids were afraid of him as their parents had warned them that Beomgyu is a menace, he is not a good influence on their kids.

Whenever they attended a business party or gathering, he and Beomseok would play alone. The other kids didn't have any problems with Beomseok, they were even eager to be friends with him, but Beomseok would rather be with his younger brother.

"Hyung, what do you wanna be when you grow up?" Young Beomgyu asked. They were in yet another party, far from their parents' eyes, they were in the backyard, Beomseok looking after Beomgyu who was playing with the dirt.

"Dad wants me to take over the company, well that's what every old son of each family does." he answered, looking back just to check that no one is seeing them.

It was weird and disgusting for a Chaebol kid to play with dirt, their expensive clothes and soft skin wasn't to be dirtied, but Beomgyu could not care less.

If they think of him as a menace and outcast, then let them.

"Other than that, what do you actually want to do? Like an artist or doctor and even a dancer?" Beomgyu asked again, he was still playing with the dirt, trying to make a castle out of it with bare hands.

"I have seen dancers on TV and I really like their moves. Maybe if dad lets me I can start taking dance classes'' he paused, seeing to think about something.

"What does our little Beomie want to do?" he asked this time.

"I want to be an artist, I wanna paint flowers and give them as a gift to hyung, you like flowers right, hyungie?" Beomgyu looked up with his puppy eyes, Beomseok smiled at him and nodded, he then looked at the castle that Beomgyu had made, it was falling down.

"Well, let's go back, dad is gonna get angry if he sees us here"

"But I don't want to, the other kids don't like me, can we stay here for a bit?" Beomgyu whined, sitting on the dirt.