23- The Unexpected

Art credit to: Pinterest

+×+

It's been a few quiet days.

Or that's what Beomgyu might think.

His dad has been worriedly quiet about him and his life after their conversation that day, he didn't even punish him for talking back!

But that's something he should be happy about right? Not having an annoying bee named dad buzzing around his ears all day.

The conversation that day still repeats itself in his head, the whole fight was just a reminder to him that his free days are to be counted on fingers and soon his freedom will fly away like a bird.

Beomgyu looks around the cafe for a certain raven head, once his eyes fall on the person, he smiles and walks to the table.

"Yo wassup Gyu! Been a while since you talked to me" Yeonjun jokes but deep down both of them knew it wasn't a joke, after all friendship can't be joked around with right?

"Sorry hyung, I will pay you back" he chuckles and sits down on the chair in front of Yeonjun.

"You better young man! I need to take Soobin out on a date" both of them laugh.

Beomgyu looks around, making sure no one is listening or hearing their conversation, before taking a deep breath and starting to talk.

"Hyung, I-I need to talk to you about something, it's about my... dad" Beomgyu hangs his head low and thinks about what to say next.

On the way to the cafe he made sure to repeat what he is gonna say to Yeonjun at least 10 times, but now it seems like all the words are running around in front of his eyes and he can't reach his hand, grab them and eat them.

"Did he say something about him again? Or did he do something to you, that old man really can't keep his stinky mouth to himself" Yeonjun scoffed and took a sip of his coffee.

"Not about him, but it was kinda related y'know?" Beomgyu answered.

"I- we had a fight the other day, it started with me accidentally eavesdropping his conversation with one of his dogs in the company and when he saw me he got really angry and then started saying things about how I'm next to taking over the company and all shit" Beomgyu finally released his breathe and looked up, his eyes were screaming 'help' and who was yeonjun to leave his friend alone to deal with his problems?

"Jeez you scared me, y'know him, he always says things like that to scare you but you won't let that faze you right?... right?" Yeonjun asked.

It wasn't something new for Beomgyu to come to him and talk about how his father is forcing him to take over the company, it was just like a routine for Beomgyu.

"I was thinking the same, but hyung, he is right! I've got no other future set for me, my whole life is in his hands and someday if not today, he will force me take over the company, even if I don't want to! This is my last year of school and things will change after I finish this year. I-I don't want to do what he wants me to! I want to have my own life!" he buried his head in his arms and slowly sobbed, he never wanted any of this, it's not fair!

"Hey, hey! Gyu-ah don't cry. Hyung is here"

He got up from his seat and walked to Beomgyu, putting his hands around his shoulder and slowly patting him on the back.

"We will figure everything out, please don't cry pabo-yah!"

"n-no , he won't let me leave freely. H-he will find some way to force me, that's what he always does hyung, you don't know him well enough" Beomgyu sobbed harder in Yeonjun's hands and buried his head even deeper in his arms to the point he couldn't breathe properly.