39- Catch Me

Art credit to: Pinterest

+×+

It was late at night when Taehyun finally left the graveyard and walked home, even though he could easily call a cab. But still, something about walking home on a cold, chilly night all while thinking about all the things that had happened, seemed like a good idea to him.

He buried his hands deep in his pockets and sighed. His hoodie was large enough to engulf all of him inside and the cap he had on, covered his face, so no one knew who he was or could even see his face.

He walked past a couple who were holding hands. He looked back at them once they were at least one meter away from him.

His eyes started burning with tears as he watched the man hold his girlfriend's hand and lock their fingers together, he then pulled their hands inside his pocket and the couple looked at each other with wide smiles on their faces.

'Pathetic!' he thought when a single tear left his eyes and he wiped it.

He turned his back and continued walking down the sidewalk until he saw a small restaurant, he squinted his eyes to get a better look and soon recognized it as the same restaurant he and beomgyu had gone to on their first date and also on that night.

The restaurant had upgraded from a very very small place to a somewhat bigger one, he smiled to himself and changed his direction and entered the restaurant.

There were still a few people sitting and eating even though it was late. They were all wearing student uniforms, so Taehyun guessed they were probably students who were either partying late or studying and were now out to eat something.

Taehyun shrugged, it was none of his business to study people this close.

"Hello Sir, are you ready to order?" a waitress walked up to him with a small notebook in her hand, ready to copy down his order.

"Um, I would like two bowls of cold noodles, and a bottle of soju, too," he said and sat down on a chair.

The waitress looked at him one last time, wondering as to why he is ordering two bowls of noodles instead of one, but she still smiled at Taehyun and wrote down his order.

Once she left to get his order, Taehyun looked at the empty seat in front of him. He imagined Beomgyu sitting there and looking at him with love in his eyes all while sipping on his water.

He smiled back at him and moved his hand closer to Beomgyu's so that they could hold hands.

"Hyung, I missed you, I'm glad you are back" he said.

He put his hand on top of Beomgyu's. But, the latter's smile faded.

Taehyun watched as Beomgyu suddenly held his chest and cried out in pain, and soon, blood oozed out of Beomgyu's hand and he lost his balance. Beomgyu fell on top of the table with a loud thud and his noises stopped.

Taehyun looked around him, expecting people to run to his table and help Beomgyu, but no one did. The students were still eating their noodles while chatting.

Taehyun stood up from his seat quickly and ran to the door without any hesitation or looking back. Once he was out of the restaurant, he began running fastly until he saw his apartment.

Taehyun opened the door with a loud thud and locked it quickly.

The lights were off and the room was dark. The only sign of light was the reflection of the moon inside their apartment.

He slumped on the ground and held his head. Taehyun tried his best to get the image out of his mind but it was impossible.

After a while, inside the dark and silent room, the only voice that could be heard was Taehyun's painful cries.