28- Bitter Truth of Love

The winter season had arrived. Streets were cold but the reflection of colorful lights made it warmer in people's hearts. The snow hasn't fallen yet, but that didn't make the winter season any less beautiful.

As Beomgyu walked down the cold streets of Seoul, he felt something hitting the back of his shoes. He stopped walking and looked down at what seemed to be a toy, a teddy bear to be more specific, he picked up the teddy and looked behind him.

A small, petite boy was standing behind him with his head down, he looked... sorry? But for what?

"Yun-ah! Say sorry to uncle" a middle aged woman told the boy, she was probably his mom.

He smiled to himself and then kneeled down, until he reached the little boy's height. He took his other hand out of his pocket and patted the boy's hair.

"So your name is Yun? No need to be sorry, Yun-ah. Here" he smiled widely at the boy and offered the teddy bear to the boy who quickly took it, but still didn't look up.

"Yun! Say thank you, don't be a brat!" his mom scolded him, hitting the little boy gently in the back.

"It's okay, ma'am. Look, Yun! A shooting star!" Beomgyu pointed at the sky, and Yun finally looked up, but there were no shooting stars. Instead, there was a piece of candy in Beomgyu's hand.

"Merry early Christmas, Yun-ah. Here, take this candy, I don't bite" he offered the candy to the boy who took it shyly.

Looking at the boy's eyes reminded him of something, more like his own little self.

"Have a good night" he said and patted Yun's head, waving a goodbye at the two.

He looked back once he was a good 10 meters away from them, and surprisingly, Yun hadn't left yet, he was waving his hands as a goodbye.

"He's so sweet" he said to himself and waved back, flashing a smile to Yun.

And then, the woman and her kid walked down the path, slowly disappearing into the cold night.

Beomgyu continued walking down the street, he didn't have anywhere to go, he just wanted to take a walk but now he has a strong urge of going back to Yeonjun's house. Yes, he is still living there, surprisingly, his parents don't have a problem with it.

He could have told Yeonjun to take a walk with him, but that loyal friend of his left him alone because he had a date with Soobin.

He sighed and buried his hands deeper inside his pockets.

In this lovely night where all the couples go on dates with each other, he has to walk alone all by himself.

"Hyung!" He heard a loud voice behind him, but before he could look back, someone hopped on his back, catching him off guard as he nearly fell.

"What the-"

Before he could say anything, the person rested their head on his shoulder, and now he could take a good look of who the person was.

Taehyun.

"Hey! What the hell! You scared me to death, Kang Taehyun!" he pouted, hitting Taehyun in the back.

"I thought you would call me your star, what happened to that?" Taehyun rested his head on his shoulder once again, now looking straight into his eyes.

"You don't deserve to be called a star after scaring me like that, you are more like Satan, now tell me why the hell did you do that??"

"I just got off my work, so I saw you and wanted to surprise you, duh"

Beomgyu let out a laugh, holding Taehyun tighter as he walked where Taehyun instructed him with his arm.