(chapter 26 fifty percent)

Sam felt his heart drop in his stomach, it tightening from how edgy he was feeling right now, his nerves tensing from what the nurse said. He never heard such an illness before. Yeah, it sounded familiar but even if he did know it, he never put research into it. He didn't know how people could get it or why people did, all he knows is that Bucky's has it. He wants to know now why bucky has it, how he got it. His mind was racing thoughts. "Wh-whats splitoma" Sam said, inhaling a deep breath and letting it out. Sam knew what it was like to be sick, anyone knew what it was like to be sick but Sam, he had a really bad fever when he was a kid, a bad one. It was so bad that he actually had to go to the doctor, hospital for it. He was in there for two days, he was so sick, his head was in a lot of pain and so was his stomach, it was like the acid that sat in his stomach decided to turn into boiling acid, making his stomach burn and cramp. He was hot and cold, never could get comfortable if he was under blankets or not. It was hard for him to eat or sleep, he was weak, and seeing bucky the way he was reminded him slightly of that time when he was young.

She licked her lips out of habit, almost like her lips were constantly chapped. It didn't help though, it just made her lips more dry than they already were. She's dealt with lots of patients in her time, ran in and out of room when the patient was almost near death, even have saw dead people get rolled out of the hospital. It made her walk home sick, sometimes even cry for hours as she should have been sleeping. When she saw bucky, it was a reminder of her two patients she took care of a while ago. His name was Wyatt, he was thirty two years old and had a family, he was just young and had the illness, he held a bright smile that made her smile, even though he was in pain he wanted to lighten up the mood, to make the room that he was in lighten up like the sun shined through the window brightly, even though it would sometimes be dark out. It was a horrible, horrible day for her, she walked home and couldn't get her mind off of him as he died right in front of her before his family could even say goodbye. The family didn't even know he passed until they got the call while they were driving to the hospital. He died only the fourth day of being there at the hospital and it was just a horrible day for her, horrible few days at that.

The other person that had it was actually a super soldier, a girl. She was a sweet, man, she was just amazing, so sweet and kind, had the most sweetest soul. She was gentle and always said sorry, scared that she did something wrong which of course she never did. It wasn't even two days, not even two and a half days before she passed, her pain was so bad that she died. She again looked down for the hundredth time these few minutes, hard to tell Sam what this currently was. The super soldier, the girl super soldier that died from this awful Illness didn't even know what splitoma was, she was clueless and all she knew was that she was in almost unbearable pain most of the time. Bucky, he was, he was in unbearable pain, he honestly couldn't even take the pain. He got this case worse than he thought. It was bad. She looked up at the same with these eyes that held. 'im sorry' Sam didn't know what to say to the way she was looking at him, almost like she knew something more, like she was wanting to tell him something more but scared to. She knew what would happen to bucky, all the pain he was going to be going through almost made her want to tear up.

Bucky opened his eyes and groaned loudly, his head hurt more than it should have. His body however felt,.... weird, No, his head felt weird, like he was floating, like he was on a drug of some sort. He averted his eyes up at the ceiling above him, looking at the white ceiling like it was something fascinating to him. It wasn't, it was just that he knew where he most likely was at and that he was in so much pain that for a moment he hoped that this wouldn't be how he was going to feel for the rest of his life. He sighed, closing his eyes once more, trying to maybe fall back to sleep and forget about all of this, to just sleep off the pain..........'Sam' Bucky's eyes shot back open, shock running through him as he sat up, a bit too quickly and felt his head spin, but completely forgot about it as he thought of Sam. He needed to know where Sam was at. Was he okay? Where was he? Did he leave? Bucky Instantly shook his head at the last thought, trying to push that thought away, knowing that Sam would never leave him. He looked around for a moment. He felt something weird in his arms, sharp things in his arm. He looked down, scared what it might possibly be and felt his blood run cold as he saw the needles stuck in his arm.