FRIENDSHIP | TWENTY-ONE

0.21 almost

After everyone got on board with this plan—risky plan, Hayley along with everyone else, tried to their best to give Brooke some type of advice. Advice that wouldn't let Judy know that they were on to them.

"The most important thing is to make sure Judy suspects nothing." Hayley told the blonde, who sent her a small head nod. "You must behave as if she still controls your mind."

"Don't ask too many questions, which you tend to do—it's annoying, really." Zoey added as she folded her arms over her chest, and rolled her eyes softly. "She'll get suspicious, and will know that we are onto her."

"We should split up." Alexandra told them as she looked at everyone that was apart of this secret group. "We don't wanna attract any attention."

"Alexandra's right." Hayley then said, agreeing with the girl, who simply uttered out 'I know'. With Hayley rolling her eyes at the girl, she went on with her explanation as to why. "I mean, if Jason or Louis see us all hanging out together, it'll raise red flags for them."

"So, we have to act like we can't stand each other? Shouldn't be too hard." Jackie said, speaking up immediately after Hayley as she eyed the two Eagles member before Max, Alexandra and her left the room.

"We all should get going then."

"Actually," as Zoey eyes bounced between Hayley and Brooke, her eyes soon drifted over to Daniel, holding eye contact with him. "can you guys give us a minute?"

"Uhm, sure." Hayley answered hesitantly. With her nodding her head softly, she quickly looked between the Zoey and Daniel—who has yet to break eye contact with one another, Hayley reaching over to wrap her fingers around Brooke's wrist before pulling her out of the door.

Once the door closed shut behind Hayley, leaving Daniel and Zoey alone in her art room, the artist cleared her throat softly as she leaned against the edge of a nearby window sills—and glanced over at Daniel as he leaned up against the metal table directly across from of her. "H-how are you feeling?"

"Like," with him coming to a brief pause, as a sigh escaped his lips, Daniel shrugged his shoulders. "Why would my mother do this to Brooke? How could she do this to Brooke?"

"I can't answered the why or the how for you Daniel, but the one thing I can tell you is that—you are the one that saved Brooke. She's awake right now because of you. She will never forget that, Daniel." Zoey told him, only to have Daniel shaking his head at her.

"No, what she will never forget is that my mother hypnotized her, so that we will get back together."

"You are not to blame for that, Daniel." The school's residential artist said, as she pushed herself away from the window sill, and took one step closer to her crush. "You did everything you could to help her immediately when you realized something was wrong with her. If Brooke blames you for your mother's actions, then fuck her."

Shrugging his shoulders at Zoey words. "Maybe it's too bad that I realized something was wrong with her."

"Seriously?" Zoey questioned. Drawing her brows together, and squinting her eyes at the basketball player in front of her, Zoey immediately felt herself becoming irritated with Daniel.

With the former Eagles captain realizing that his choice of words didn't come out like he intended it to, he shook his head quickly, and reached out to grab ahold of Zoey hands—giving them a light squeeze as he spoke up and clarified what he meant. "Not like that, Zo. I mean, I-I would rather not know about my mother....."