FRIENDSHIP

"Forty-one year olds, Ryan Woods and Morgan Patterson are about to make history. As children the two women fell in love with space and science—after discovering a million-year-old meteor. Ryan and Morgan are now the first female astronauts to orbit the moon on the maiden voyage of the Athena spacecraft."

"Look at ma baby." The Patterson siblings grandmother on their mother side—Mildred Shaw uttered as she started to clap her hands. With Zoey glance over in her grandmother's direction for a moment, she couldn't help but to smile as she noticed how proud her grandmother was of her mother.

"Adele—will ya get out of ma ear with that clappin." Mildred's husband of the last forty-three years—Thomas Shaw spoke up after a moment as he called his wife by her middle name. Looking over in her husbands direction, Mildred tilted her head towards the side slightly as she stared at her husband for a moment before clapping her hands—with each clap being louder than the one before.

"Childish." Zoey's fifteen year old brother and the baby of the family—Noah Patterson mumbled as he shook his head softly. With Zoey nodding her head in agreement as she glanced over in her younger brother's direction—she noticed the wide smile on his face.

"-both received their doctorate in physics at Caltech."

"She gets tha from me—us Shaws are overachievers."  Thomas commented—taking credit for their daughter being a genius, while Mildred rolled her eyes softly as she waved her husband off. With Zoey ignoring her grandparents as her eyes quickly went to the flat screen, she watched as the screen switch from the women talking about her mother and godmother before showing the Athena Spacecraft getting ready for lift off.

"T-minus ten, nine-" the count down started as both Zoey and Noah counted along with the television, while their grandparents sat there smiling. Once the counted down reached one—with everyone in the Patterson household cheering as they watched the spacecraft launch into the air, Zoey clapped for her mother as a proud smile appeared on her face.

Then all of a sudden, the Patterson household went silent and everyone paused their movements as they watched the spacecraft—that had both her mother and godmother inside explode in the air.

Feeling like all the air has been knocked out of her as she stared at the screen, tears cascaded down Zoey's face as she sat there numb. Feeling Noah push himself off of the couch, tripping over his own feet, the fifteen year old fell to his knees as she stared up at the flat screen—tears falling.

"N-no." Noah mumbled out as his chest heaved up and down—his vision blurry. "Mama?"

      .

.

@Copyrights 2021 All Rights Reserved to KayRenee13. Any pictures or anything else does not belong to me unless stated otherwise. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form without the prior written permission of the publisher. Also, I do not own GreenHouse Academy nor the characters and their storyline. I do, however, own my characters along with their backstory.