FRIENDSHIP | TWO

0.2 challenges

Releasing a low and frustrated sigh from her lips, Zoey rubbed her forehead lightly before turning her lead-pencil upside down and erased the unnecessary lines she drew on her sketch book. The seventeen-year-old was desperately trying to come up with a design to get tattooed on her—something to help remind her of her deceased loved ones. She wanted her design to be perfect, but she knew that it was going to be hard for her to come up with anything to help represent her family, considering her emotions were still all over the place.

"Zoey, are you even paying attention?" Leo questioned his friend. Not even looking up from her sketch book as she thought of the perfect design to represented her deceased family members, Zoey was not about to let some stupid challenge get in the way of her drawing.

"Now, you know I was not paying attention—why even ask?" Zoey questioned her friend as she tilted her head towards the side slightly, while lightly rubbing the the tip of her pencil against the page. "I could care less about some stupid challenge—that's not going to benefit me in the long run."

"Same here." Hayley agreed as she raised her hand slightly, while glancing between her former best friend and her clubhouse captain. The rest of the clubhouse—annoying Raven members that Zoey didn't really care for, just rolled their eyes at the two as they kept their attention locked on Leo.

"Just pay attention, would you? Thank you." Leo uttered as he glanced between his team members, addressing the new Ravens. "The opening challenge is the first competition between the two houses. No house want to lose the first challenge."

Hayley furrowed her eyebrows together for a moment as she looked at Leo, questioning him sarcastically. "Because winning is the only option?"

"Exactly." Leo stated as he pointed his finger at the newest member. With Hayley rolling her eyes softly as she leaned back against the couch, arms folded over her chest, she listened to Leo continued to talk. "The Eagles beat us last year."

"They beat us every year, ain't nothing new Leo." Zoey spoke up, rolling her eyes. She didn't understand what was so important about winning the opening challenge.

As Hayley shaking her head at her former friend—a small smile stretched out on her face, Leo on the other hand could only shake his head for a second as he rolled his eyes at Zoey. "So, as Zoey basically implied—our legacy of our house is on the line. When we lose, I feel sick, and when I feel sick—I'm not nice. Now, you want me to be nice, don't you?"

A series of yeahs came from the small group of Ravens, while one of the new members of the clubhouse uttered a yes captain. Zoey on the other hand rolled her eyes as she glanced up from her sketch book for a second to look at her friend. "You do know that nobody care if you're nice or not, right?"

Rolling his eyes at his friend, Leo ignored her as he started to clap his hands, while heading towards the door as he started of the legs go Ravens chant. Hayley could only watch as her clubhouse members started to follow after Leo, while chanting along with his chant.

"This is so pointless. I should've stayed at public school." Zoey mumbled lowly to herself as she closed her sketch book and placed it on the wooden table in front of her. Releasing a sigh from her lips as she stood up from the couch, the seventeen year old stretched out her arms before reaching down to fix her navy high-waisted shorts.