FRIENDSHIP | TWENTY-THREE

0.23 earthquakes

Zoey found herself back inside of her art room, which had quickly turned into a secret room for everyone, with a new person already inside. Alex. Not even bothering to greet the boy as she sat on one of the metal stools at the table, Zoey tossed her right leg over her as she felt Daniel place his hands on her shoulder, giving them a light squeeze.

"Hey, guys." Hayley greeted the group as she entered the room, closing the door quickly. "Sorry I'm late. Aspen was watching me, so I had to make sure I wasn't being followed."

"I really don't like that girl." Zoey said. With Alexandra and Jackie humming in agreement, Max eyes immediately darted to the door, wondering if Aspen will be knocking on the door anytime soon.

"Hey, bro!" Hayley greeted her baby brother, smiling as she stepped around Alexandra to touch her brother's arm.

"Hey, sis." Alex greeted back as he sent her a small smile.

"Okay," Zoey uttered, drawing everyone's attention towards her as she motioned towards the laptop on the table. "show us what you got, Max."

"At first, I didn't find anything." Max told the group seven that was surround him and his laptop. "I removed the felt from underneath the knight, nothing. I scanned it and then I used a Geiger counter to check for isotopes, cause you can—"

"Okay, okay!" Jackie uttered, interrupting Max as went into a long, and very detailed rant about everything he had done. "It took you a long time to get the clue. Can you show us?"

"Oh, sorry." Max muttered as he returned his focus on his laptop. "So—then I check the other knight, and I found an encrypted microchip with a video on it. Emma made a movie the night she left the greenhouse."

"Max, please just show us the video." Alexandra spoke up from behind Jackie, as she stood in between Daniel and Hayley.

"Oh, yeah, okay." Max said as tapped on the spacebar of his laptop, playing the video.

"Max, I lied to you and I'm sorry for that. I don't have much time, but I have to tell you everything I know, even though it's only bits and pieces. Anyway, on the day of the satellite launch, the reason I was late to your picnic was because I was busy hacking into NASA servers. I helped bring down the satellite, and I did this all from your laptop."

"That bitch." Zoey said, upset that Emma played a major part in her mother's satellite being lost. With Daniel rubbing her shoulders, knowing that she was upset, he leaned down and whispered a few comforting words in her ear.

"What?" Hayley questioned, ignoring Zoey's outburst.

As he paused the video, Max sat there still for a second before speaking up. "My laptop can access encrypted sites that normal laptops can't. I showed it off to Emma to impress her."

"Bad idea." Jackie told the boy.

"Seriously." Alexandra mumbled as she folded her arms over her chest.

With Max starting the video back up, he looked over at Zoey, and mouthed a sorry in her direction. Opting on sending her friend a small smile, Zoey mouthed back that it was okay to him before returning her focus back to the laptop screen.

"It was Jason Osmond who told me to do all this." Emma had said in the video, which had everyone looking at Brooke. "He told me he was working with the government on a classified program, but I know he's lying. He never told me they were gonna shut down the satellite. And when I found out, I confronted him and he threatened to kick me out of the GreenHouse."