CHAPTER 2.

PREVIOUS DAY.

From the previous day, late afternoon as Elijah was escorting Hayley to the plantation house.

Elijah turned in the car seat when they arrived at the house, "Niklaus wasn't just a vampire."

Hayley nodded, "He was also a werewolf. That's how the werewolf curse works. It isn't activated until you take a life."

Elijah inclined his head in agreement, "Niklaus was the result of an indiscretion our mother had hidden from us all. An affair with a werewolf like yourself." Elijah leaned forward with his hand close to her face and she pulled back,

"Wait, what are you doing?" She demanded suspiciously.

"I want to show you the memories of Niklaus and what our parents did to him."

"Umm okay," She gave her reluctant permission and he balled fist to the side of her forehead.

FLASHBACK

Esther, their mother, stands in front of a fire, casting a spell.

Elijah comments to Hayley as the images are playing, "Infuriated by this betrayal, my father forced our mother to cast a spell that would suppress Klaus's werewolf side, denying him any connection with his true self."

Mikael binds Klaus with spelled rope to a wooden cross.

Mikael yells at Elijah, "Elijah! Elijah, hold him down!"

Klaus pleads and begs distraught, "Brother, please! Don't let them do this to me!"

Mikael orders harshly to Elijah, "Do it now, boy! Now!"

Klaus screams out, "Help me!"

PRESENT DAY.

Hayley remarked, "Your dad was a dick. But tell me something Elijah you seem to love Klaus why didn't you stop your Father? or do you really deep down hate Klaus? you sided with those kids in Mystic Falls to kill Klaus while he was breaking his curse." She stared at him unblinkingly.

"I....I .....I feared my Father as much as my siblings did," He admitted the confession ripping and tearing from him, making him feel an inch tall, "As for Mystic Falls I thought Niklaus had sent my siblings daggered to the bottom of the ocean.......I was wrong."

"Mmm," Was all she replied. "I'm Hayley, by the way. You should probably know my name if you're gonna tell me your whole life story. I mean, I know yours. Your family is legendary. Your brother is notorious...... but kinda irresistible, so we had a moment or a long moment together," She smiled rubbing her belly. "Classic me and not that unusual as to my behaviour, see, want, take," She smirked, still rubbing her belly.

"I cannot excuse his behaviour although he was very mindful of you considering the circumstances of the crypt, but you must understand, when our father hunted him.... hunted us.... for centuries, every time we found a moment of happiness, we were forced to flee. Even here, in New Orleans, where we were happiest of all. Not long after Niklaus broke the spell which prevented him from becoming a hybrid, he defeated our father. I thought this would make him happy." He shakes his head, "He was angrier than ever. I wonder if perhaps this baby might be a way for my brother to find happiness. A way to save him from himself, and he values you highly if I am not mistaken Hayley." She smiled.