CHAPTER 11.

The Italians call them strega. The Yoruba of West Africa call them aje, meaning mother. Where my mother was from, they called them hexa, and here we call them witch. Over the centuries, vampires have fought them and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them. Whether adversary or ally, they have been a force to be reckoned with. Their ancestral magic anchors this city. There's never been one all-powerful witch until Davina.

THE ABATTOIR.

"Davina love I need to talk to you," Klaus entered her room after knocking and hearing her call out to enter. Davina glanced up from her easel as her room started to fill, Axel, Rebekah, Hayley Elijah, Gia and finally Josh entered her room and stood in positions around her room.

"This must be serious if you are all in here, what is it Klaus?" Davina asked, sensing the seriousness of the gathering.

"Today you will start to have negative side effects due to the power of you holding all the harvest power. Your magic will start to haemorrhage today. You will cycle through four stages that represent the four elements that bound together the harvest." Klaus explained to her.

"What negative effects can I expect to happen?" Davina asked, going to sit on her bed next to Josh, a worried look in her eyes. Hayley could see her apprehension and sat beside putting a comforting hand on her leg for support, she liked Davina and her mother had been a bitch using her daughter in a harvest without telling her. Wanting to kill her own daughter without explanation.

"First the earth element. You will cough up earth. You will be quick to anger which will manifest into rage, shaking the buildings close around you in the french quarter feeling much like an earthquake. Each stage becomes more intense. Then the wind will come. We will have cyclonic winds throughout the city. Then comes water. You will cough up water. Starting with light rainfall turning into torrential rain and flooding will begin, finally fire but we will start the sacrifice before that begins. Elijah, Axl and I have to take care of the dark objects I have asked Axl to spell the compound no one can enter. We can't have Marcel rescuing and taking you from here. As soon as the sun goes down we will perform the sacrifice. I'm hoping to avert the effects of the torrential rain and we certainly want to be well under way before fire starts. "I am asking you to remain calm Davina. Hayley, Rebekah, Gia and Josh are staying here with you, they will watch over you." Klaus explained to her.

"Okay," Davina answered bravely. Josh picked up Davina's hand and gave her a reassuring squeeze, Davina looked at him and gave him a weak brave smile.

"Hayley will inform me if changes happen to you and you are unable to cope or if you become upset by them it is important I am notified because Axl can help you, Rebekah and Gia will run interference with Marcel if needed," Klaus assured Davina seeing her expression lighten at his words of his assertion.

"Right stay inside remain calm, I can do that," She smiled at Klaus then the others seeing they were all there for her made her feel safe.

OUTSIDE FATHER KIERAN'S SECRET APARTMENT IN THE FRENCH QUARTER.