CHAPTER 21

Klaus looked down at the grey body of Marcel in the blue bedroom on the third floor of the compound

Klaus looked down at the grey body of Marcel in the blue bedroom on the third floor of the compound. He sat heavily on the end of the bed. He remembered the pain of having thought he had lost Marcel to death at Elijah's hands in the last timeline, instead Marcel had become a beast with the serum and imprisoned Klaus for five years.

He thought of six month old Hope in her nursery sitting up now and smiled. Hayley may have had an even more horrific birth than the last timeline but at least she had Hope at home here and didn't have to give her away to Rebekah. Hayley had been able to experience the full gamut of motherhood with Hope this time as had he. Amused at the thought of being woken every two hours for feeding during the night in the early months of Hope's life. Hayley's dedication and love for Hope, as strong as the last timeline. Hayley's acceptance at becoming a hybrid her emotions steady from the beginning of her transition, no doubt because she had Hope.

He looked at Marcel again, he had channelled Marcel's spirit and had seen it was Kai Parker who had killed Marcel. Klaus had kept that information to himself, nor had he allowed anyone to remove or burn the body of Marcel. Having had Axl put a boundary spell on this room so only Klaus could enter. He would keep Marcel here and decide after they had defeated the Hollow as to whether to resurrect Marcel or not.

He stood and left the room smiling at the delighted squeals of Hope he could hear below on the second level. Kol acting the fool for her, his brother's deep cackle and laugh resounding and mingling with Hope's squeals of pleasure as Kol played with his little niece, always the court jester in entertaining Hope. Klaus smiled to himself.

Axl was waiting near the atrium door when Klaus reached the courtyard, "Niklaus," Klaus looked up at the second level balcony at Finn looking down at him, "Are you waking Freya?" Finn asked, hopeful expectation on his face.

"I am, I need to speak to her alone Finn once I have she is all yours, make sure no one enters the compound today it is family only today. I have ordered the guards at the entrance to keep all others out that includes Katerina, Eve, Salvatore, Bonnie and Kai. This is a family only matter." Klaus commanded seeing Finn incline his head to him in agreement.

Klaus and Axl walked into the atrium. Axl walked close to the glass lidded coffin and put his hands on the lid, his hands glowing red as he siphoned the locking spell on the coffin, Klaus heard the click of the locking mechanism snap open. Axl lifted the lid open then lay a hand on Freya's forehead once again draining the Mikaelson witch of her sleeping spell. Round blue eyes opened and looked up into green and blue eyes. "Put a silencing spell on the room and leave us Axl," Klaus ordered never taking his eyes from his eldest sister's who stared back at him impassively with mild curiosity. Klaus waited until they were alone then offered his hand to Freya helping her out of the coffin. Klaus enveloped her in his arms holding her tight.

"Not the welcome I was expecting from you brother," Freya quipped emotionally, holding him tightly.

"No in the last timeline I was suspicious of you sister.... to begin with.....this time however I have the knowledge and foresight to know you are a Mikaelson and like me you will do anything to protect family," Klaus pulled back and looked at her she cupped his face her blue eyes blazing with valour determination and grit.