CHAPTER 3.

MIKAELSON MANSION

It's morning Klaus enters Hayley's room while she's still sleeping. He watches her for a moment, listening to Hope's heartbeat, the sound giving him comfort.

"Klaus," Hayley voiced huskily, sitting up seeing the slight worry on his face.

"You're awake." He replied softly.

"I could barely sleep all night. This house is like a freaking swamp sauna," She sits up in bed while Klaus stares out the window.

"What is it Klaus?" She asked softly.

"Those vampires breaking in and going after you....that was not meant to happen."

"You saved me.....and I will fight for this baby Klaus," She cupped her small stomach protectively her voice firm. "When I saw you fighting off those vampires, I.....I realised you weren't just protecting the baby but me too like in the crypt and I will fight to protect our baby, this baby is important to me too, maybe it has to do with the fact that my birth parents gave me up, and my adopted parents kicked me out. All I know is push came to shove, and... I realised I won't let anyone hurt it."

Klaus smiled at her, "I'm beginning to think we're a lot alike, you and I. We're both castoffs who have learned to fight when we're backed into a corner." He knew how alike they were. He had lived with her for sixteen years. It was strange and a gift to be back at the beginning with her.

Hayley smirked a malicious gleam in her hazel eyes, "Well, we're backed into a corner now."

"Ah, that we are. It's time to fight... little wolf." After gently placing a hand on Hayley's shoulder, Klaus backed away and moved to leave.

Hayley stopped him, "This whole thing with Marcel, this plan you have with Elijah....which Rebekah was far from believing last night, but I want you to know that I do believe you Klaus, I saw you in the crypt she didn't.... Rebekah told me that you two once loved each other like family. What happened?"

"I made Marcel everything that he is. I treated him like a son. And when my father chased me and my family from New Orleans a hundred years ago, we believed Marcel was killed.....we each mourned him, in our own way. Yet, when I returned, I found not only had he survived, he had thrived. Instead of seeking us out, instead of sticking together as one, he made a choice to take everything my family had built and make it his own. Now, he is living in our home, he is sleeping in our beds. That 'M' he stamps everywhere... it's not for 'Marcel'. It's for 'Mikaelson'. I want it all back, and if I have to push him out to get it, then that's exactly what I'll do. I'll have someone see to the air conditioning." Hayley watches him go, she is starting to understand him more, she also knows he loves this baby of theirs which makes her heart light and she wants to trust him to do the right thing by her and their baby.

Klaus leaves Hayley's room and hurries down the stairs, only to meet Rebekah as she enters the front door. Rebekah announces, "You were right. The girl, Cami......she's the key. Marcel likes her, and because of that I got to see the secret weapon of his that you've been going on about, and you and Elijah do have a plan, I saw the blood bags........"

Klaus smirked at his sister, "And...?"

Rebekah looking abashed, "Davina. She can't be more than sixteen, and I have never felt power like that."

Klaus nodded, "She is a witch. A harvest witch Rebekah, Marcel saved her from sacrifice; she has the power of the other three sacrificed in her which will not last, it will kill her. I will not let that happen hence Elijah will win her over and I will have the city back from Marcel."