CHAPTER 20.

Kai knocks on the door to Katherine's apartment and waits, he hears her light footsteps and the door being opened and the frown that starts to form between her brows

Kai knocks on the door to Katherine's apartment and waits, he hears her light footsteps and the door being opened and the frown that starts to form between her brows. "It's me Katherine I'm cloaked can I come in," Katherine smirks at his cloak and dagger tactics and his invisibility.

"Sure come in," She steps back allowing the invisible Kai to enter.

And looks over the black dressed heretic as he starts to appear in front of her and frowns at his bloody hand, the blood dried and flaking from his skin. She looks into the guarded blue eyes. No fear. No remorse or guilt. Just guarded blue eyes. She watches as he chants a spell on the apartment knowing he is silencing the space.

"I killed Marcel Gerard tonight." He tells her bluntly. Katherine's eyes widened in surprise. Little has surprised her in five hundred years but this does.

"You do know Marcel was Klaus' adopted son don't you Kai?" She retorts, angry he has come here but her interest piqued as to why he would kill Marcel and incur Klaus Mikaelson's wrath.

"Yeah of course I did, I also know he was against Klaus at every move, always trying to get back his city," He sneered. "It was never his city, it was Klaus' never Marcel's and he was horrible to Rebekah....and I like sweet Rebekah," Kai explained fondly. Which Katherine thought was incongruous coming out of the mouth of a psychopath.

"You really are a psychopath Kai," Katherine tilted her head to the side and twirled a curl around her finger thoughtfully staring back at the new heretic, "You're pleased you killed Marcel aren't you?" She questioned.

"I was protecting Klaus. I did it for him."

"Mmm, well, the Klaus you like so much loved Marcel deeply so you are in a world of pain if Klaus ever finds out you killed him Kai. Klaus knows and applies torture techniques that has the most hardened of supernaturals begging for mercy," She shuddered. "I assume you cloaked your scent and magic scent from the area in which you killed Marcel?" Katherine asked.

"Yeah of course no one will ever know it was me....." He giggled manically, "I also burnt his heart," He told her gleefully.

"He can still be resurrected," Katherine arched a brow to him.

"Yeah I know but who will? Davina is not strong enough..."

"Oh please that little witch is an inferno of magic even without the harvest girls, she is a Claire witch they are centuries old here in New Orleans and you're forgetting Axl. He is extremely powerful and you forget Klaus himself is enhanced none of us know the full extent of his abilities Kai, he could scryer the events that lead to Marcel's death and even though you are cloaked and invisible how do you know he can't find out that you killed Marcel?"

"No I spelled it so there is nothing but emptiness around Marcel's death that can never be retrieved, no one will know I did it," Kai rebutted, shaking his head.