CHAPTER 5.

Davina's Attic.

"Why should I trust you?" Davina looks at Elijah cautiously. "You're the one they call honourable." Elijah smiles.

"Yes, that's what they call me. And yet, I followed my brother here to New Orleans to engage in a war. So I ask you, does that sound honourable to you?"

Davina commented seeing his paleness, "You don't look well."

"Well only this morning I had a mystical dagger embedded in my chest, so I'd say I'm holding myself together quite well." And the blood bags though nourishing were on the stale side and he had them sparingly. "Davina, I believe that you, I and Niklaus have the power to end a war between witches and vampires before it truly begins. I by keeping my brother in line," He added that just in case she had reservations concerning Niklaus, "You by behaving like your true self, not some tool for Marcel or the witches."

Davina retorted briskly, "And why should I trust you?"

"Well for one thing in spite of a ravenous hunger I have not tried to take your blood."

"Why not? I'm the only one here," Davina sassed back at him.

"Even in my present condition, I would not feed from a child," Elijah declared piously.

Davina takes a hat pin and pricks her finger with it. A drop of blood clings to the end of the needle and she places the drop on Elijah's lip. After a moment Elijah's skin returns to it's normal complexion the paleness completely vanishes, Davina looks pleased.

"There is something you should be aware of Davina....Niklaus has killed all the harvest witches," He disclosed, trying not to smile as her mouth dropped open.

"Your lying Marcel would have told me," She snapped back at him.

"No he can't tell you because Niklaus has wiped the Harvest witches from every supernatural's memory to them and Marcel's they still think those witches are alive." Elijah confided.

Davina sat on the bed thinking, "How can he do that? if he used witch magic I would have sensed it."

"Niklaus is not a witch, he is enhanced....he has many gifts, one of them is physic manipulation."

"Why did he kill the Harvest witches? Is he trying to use me for something?" She demanded suspiciously.

"No, on the contrary, he is to become a Father. His partner was captured by the Harvest witches; they wanted to use Hayley and the child against Niklaus to hurt Marcel and to find you. Sophie Deveraux had linked or rather her sister Jane-Anne linked Sophie and Hayley together using Hayley as a hostage, Niklaus broke the link and killed Sophie and Agnes and another two Harvest witches."

"Klaus broke a spelled link......just like that," She snapped her fingers.

"Yes indeed."

"Why did you say, on the contrary to him using me?" Davina asked.

"You are important to our family......my brother Kol in particular, Niklaus has not disclosed too much on this matter. He is a prophet, are you aware of those who prophesize?" Elijah asked.