CHAPTER 23.

NEW ORLEANS.

Kai woke up and turned his head seeing the slender olive skinned back of Kat, he ran an energy enhanced finger down her spine and smirked at her sleepy moan her skin quivering under his electrifying touch, in a flash she was on top of him his arms pinned above his head his smirk deepened, "You know I could put you in an immobilizing spell," She arched a perfect brow at him.

"I'll let you do that to me tonight then you can perform cunnilingus on me over and over," She purred seductively at him.

"Cunninilingus.....it has a nice nice ring to it, eating you out just doesn't have the same effect," his smirk deepened, his eyes raking over her boobs swaying above him, "So I nearly die and you let me into your bed and into your body."

"No point starting anything with you if you were going to die Kai, I've been around a long time and have had more men and women than you can imagine..... using them for my own purposes. I'm hoping for something more. I have a feeling you are too. We are both vilified by many, both been tortured, our trauma levels are similar, what does new psychology say? 'Traumu finds its own levels and heals' after five hundred years and the loss of my child. I would like to start healing, I think you do too. Two outcasts with pathological traits may do well together." Kai's blue eyes softened at her honesty. He felt the hold on his wrists lessen and placed them on her curvy hips.

"We treat each other as we would treat no other," He suggested softly. She smiled, a playful but genuine smile.

"Yes and see where it takes us," He flipped them so she was under him, she flipped him right back with a sassy smirk, swooping down to nip his lower lip.

"I like being on top." Kai chuckled, gladly giving into her, pressing his lips against hers.

"Damon."

"Stefan brother, long time no hear." Damon snarked walking to the bar in the apartment to pour himself a drink, putting his phone on speaker. Looking up at the front door as Enzo entered the apartment.

"First Elena then Tyler now Matt and Jeremy Gilbert are missing Damon, what is going on?" Stefan demanded irritably.

"Come to New Orleans Stefan I'll fill you in, you could do with leaving Mystic Falls for a while. Come and have some fun in the big easy," Damon coaxed his younger brother.

"Fine," Stefan sighed ending the call.

"Do you think that is wise Damon inviting Stefan here, getting him embroiled with the Mikaelson's? And what happens when he learns Elena is dead and gone for good?" Enzo asked him.

"Not a lot Stef can do about that now except develop another frown line, as for inviting him here Stef needs to throw some of those shackles of conscientious humanity off him and live a little. Klaus has a soft spot for Stefan he will be safe here, maybe he'll stop munching on bunnies and become a real vampire," He drawled mockingly, "It'll do him some good." Thinking this time maybe Stefan would listen to him and let him help him overcome his ripper.