CHAPTER 8.

The French Quarter

NIGHTWALKER BAR.

Marcel announces to the assembled vampires in his nightwalker bar, "All right, I'm here. Let's do this. I'll keep this simple. This kid is an old enemy of your favorite person Klaus. And he's got plenty to say about what that traitor, son of a bitch has been up to behind my back. Now, for those of you faint of heart, there's the door. Because those who stick around, you're signing up for battle."

No one leaves the room. Marcel nods proudly. He looks over to Tyler and inclines his head for Tyler to talk.

"You all know Klaus wasn't always the hybrid. When he broke the curse that kept his werewolf side dormant, somewhere in all that, certain parts were now able to Trump his vampire side. Like the ability to pass on the werewolf gene. That's where the werewolf girl he's been hiding from you all comes in. She rode through my town, pretended to be my friend and then ended up hooking up with him. Now she's pregnant with his kid." Tyler informs them all.

Diego snarls angrily, "What the hell is this?"

Marcel rebukes him, "Just listen." He looks over to Tyler to continue.

"When Klaus became the hybrid, he figured out a way to turn full-bread werewolves into creatures like him." He raises his hand and shows them his wolf paw, "You're looking at one of them. On the plus side we had all the perks of being vampires. We're stronger, faster. And the toxins in our bites could still kill a vampire. But on the downside we were loyal to him. Like supernaturally loyal."

Diego mocks, "Right and that's why you're here, spilling all his secrets?"

Marcel comments, "That's the point Diego. He figured out a way to break free of it."

"And I helped the rest of them too. Then Klaus killed them for their betrayal," Tyler informs them.

Rebekah bolts into the room. "Because that is what Klaus does. Don't mind me, I'm fascinated by this story. Hello, Tyler."

Tyler smiles, an automatic compelled smile that has been implanted by Klaus. "Rebekah. Long time no see."

"What Tyler was about to tell you is that my brother can use his baby's blood to sire more hybrids. What you will all figure out is that vampires don't stand a chance. So Tyler, I assume you were trying to rally this lot into making sure the baby isn't born." Rebekah remarks.

"Yeah. You don't like it? Go on and take your brother's side. But you know I'm right," Tyler retorts.

Marcel grins, "I believe you've mistaken the ladies' intentions."

Diego looks between Rebekah and Marcel, "Alright. What's going on?"

"You were absolutely right, Tyler. My brother is a crap enough individual as it is. The last thing he needs is to sire a superior species. Go on, you can tell them," Rebekah nods to Marcel with a small smile.

Marcel looks around at his vampires, "She's not here to fight us, she's here to help us."

Rebekah looks at them also, "That's right. But first..." Rebekah vampire speeds up to Tyler, snaps his neck and then sits down on the chair he was sitting before. "That is enough talk about harming that baby. Klaus is the one we're putting a stop to."