3 : Vanilla

Sterling's POV

My moms and I talked for a good thirty minutes. They gave me a lecture, one that I have received way too many times before. I understand that they were concerned and just worried. I apologize like usual, but unlike the many times I apologized when I was a teenager I meant it now.

To burn some time before my date with Elliott I decide to go bother my younger siblings, it is one of my favorite activities. Kade is too focused on his video game to care that I am in his room so I go to Brooks room.

"Hi Brooky, what you doing?" I ask barging into her room.

"Stop calling me that, I'm not five anymore"

"You are still the baby so your name is still Brooky to me" I smile knowing I am effectively annoying my little sister already. She is in her teenage angst phase.

"I'm 17, I'm not a baby anymore" she rolls her eyes.

"You are, but anyways, how was Friday night?" I raise my brow in a questioning way.

"None of your business"

"Oh come on" I pout. Brooks has always been pretty secretive, that is what her and Stellan have in common. Both very much to themselves. Me and Kade on the other hand will likely never be quiet.

I know that my sister will not tell me so easily, but if by a sign of fate her phone rings. I quickly see that it is Blake, the very 'friend' I was asking about. I grab her phone faster than she can reach for it. Running to the other side of her bed so she's not able to reach me before I answer the call.

"Heeey Blake" I smile as my sister begins to chase me around her room.

"KJ give me my phone!"

"Um, who is this?" Blake questions.

"Its KJ, Brooks older and sexy sister" I joke.

"Oh, hi"

"KJ I'm going to kill you!" Brooks shouts. My laugh quickly fades as she gets close to catching me. I slip past her and run down the stairs.

"Can I ask why you have Brooks phone?" Blake asks.

"Well she wouldn't tell me how Friday night went so I figured I would ask the other person that was there"

"Oh"

"So are you and my sister a thing or? Because if you are then congrats to you, you are very lucky, but also that means I have to meet you. And if you don't pass my approval then it isn't going to work"

"KJ shut up!" Brooks continues to chase me around the house.

"We aren't dating" Blake confesses, I don't understand. Why doesn't she want to date my sister? She should be so lucky, Brooks is amazing.

"Oh, so just friends"

"Um"

"Why?" I quickly respond, not giving her time to answer. "Don't you like my sister?" I stop running to hear her answer.

"Um...I...Y-ye-" Blake begins to answer as Brooks tackles me to the ground. I was so focused on her response that I forgot Brooks was chasing me. My sister quickly grabs her phone from my hand as she sits on top of me.

"Blake, I'm so sorry. My sister is just psychotic. Please ignore everything she just said. Pretend it didn't happen"

"But she was about to answer my question" I pout.

"I'll call you back Blake" Brooks says before hanging up.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" my sister shouts at me as I am still on the floor.