20 : They Came Back

Sterling's POV

"What the hell ref, that's a foul!!"

"KJ sit down before you get kicked out" Stellan tells me.

"Well Brooks was clearly fouled" I argue back.

"Ref are you blind?!" my ma shouts.

"Well at least we know that you are definitely ma's kid and aren't adopted" my sister replies.

"Stellan we're twins" I look at her with confusion.

"For all we know" we both laugh. Sometimes Stellan can be funny.

"Did I miss anything?" Elliott asks as she sits back down on the bleachers with us. We are watching Brooks play against the school rivals. The game is currently tied 2-2 with only ten minutes left. Elliott went to the car to bring me a sweater because I got cold.

"Brooks got fouled, Ma and KJ yelled at the ref, and now we have a penalty kick, so not much" Stellan replies.

"Well if she kicks it like when we practiced penalty kicks we are going to win...and that goalie will be hurt" she jokes. We laugh thinking about what happened. It is funny now but definitely not funny when it first happened.

Brooks sets the ball up to take the shot. We wait in anticipation as the referee blows his whistle for the kick.

"Yes!" we all shout as Brooks kicks the ball into the back of the net, giving us the lead.

The game ends at 3-2, with us winning. After the game we all went to dinner to celebrate. Blake joined us as well. I will admit that they are cute together. She also passed the talk with my parents so she is officially in. From what I have learned about her she is a very nice girl. I am happy that my sister has her as her first girlfriend. They seem happy together.

"Hey Elliott, are you coming over tonight?" Brooks asks. I admire that Brooks sees Elliott as another older sister. She always wants Elliott to come over. They hangout a lot. Sometimes I do have to hide Elliott because Brooks wants to hang with her too much, but it is adorable.

"Yes, I'll be over in a bit"

"Cool, cause we are having that mario kart rematch"

"You sure you want to lose just after your win tonight?"

"I am not losing again" Brooks says before leaving with my moms back home.

"How many rematches of mario kart have you guys had?" I ask my girlfriend.

"Eight. I keep letting her win so we end in a tie. That way we keep the rematches going and Brooks isn't mad that she keeps losing" she shrugs. I smile and shake my head at my girlfriend's plan.

"Come on, we better get going before Brooks calls me to see where we are" I grab her hand and pull her towards the car.

Elliott opens my door before walking over to the driver's side. I don't know if it is a good or bad thing that I have gotten use to her driving, but I like it. As we pull out of the parking space Elliott makes a hard stop.

"I'm so sorry" a lady replies as she walks past the car. She stepped in front of the car as Elliott was pulling out. She must've not been watching where she was going.

"You okay babe?" I ask, noticing that Elliott continued to stare at the woman as she walked away.

"Um, yeah, yeah I'm okay" she began to drive again. That was weird.

Night drives have always been one of my favorite things, especially when I am not driving. I love seeing the stares and feeling the peace of the night as we move. Sometimes I feel as if I fall into this daze during night drives. Not always realizing that I arrive at my location until someone tells me.