19 : Important

Elliott's POV

Note to self, be prepared to do a lot of climbing when it comes to rich people's homes. I forget that this town is full of millionaires and billionaires. Also that their houses are so big.

It is currently around 2:45 am. It is completely dark out and a bit cold as I break into the Miles' family home. Their security system is shit. They really should hire Drew's company to do their security installation. It was not hard to find out who it was that hurt Brook and Blake. Just a little hacking into the school system and I found all his information. Including his home address. Luke Miles is going to regret ever hurting Brooks.

She explained how his parents promised that Luke would not bother her and Blake anymore but that wasn't enough for me. People like him don't just stop. They need to be scared into stopping. I promised Sterling that I wouldn't beat him up, but I never promised not to scare him a bit into making sure that he never has any type of interaction with Brooks or Blake.

His room was fairly easy to break into. Especially since he doesn't lock his window. He doesn't hear as I enter his room. Or when I walk over to him as he sleeps in his bed.

I quickly cover his mouth with my hand, making him wake in panic. He tries to shout but my hand muffles the noise. "Shhh. Say or do anything and I will pull the trigger" I tell him as I pull my gun in front of his face. "Nod if you understand" he nods yes. I keep my hand covering his mouth.

"So here is what is going to happen. You are never going to bother, talk to, try to talk to, be within five hundred feet from, or even think about Brooks and Blake. If you do I will not just kill you, but I will torture you for days. Making sure you die a very slow and painful death. Do you understand?" he nods yes. I can see the fear in his eyes.

"Tell anyone about what happened tonight and I will make sure that you will disappear. No trace of you left behind" his body stays frozen with his eyes being unable to look anywhere but me. A tear falling from his eye making me grin inside, "Okay, goodnight" I smile before leaving.

It was really hard, but I kept my promise.

******

"Yes father I understand" I roll my eyes as he continues to yell through the phone. He is not happy that I have not made much progress on my work. I will admit that I have lost focus on the mission even more due to spending time with Sterling. I have not done half the things that should've been done already.

By this time next month we had planned to make our move. The move. The Kanes will be destroyed and Drew will be dead. At least that is what my father believes. But I won't let it happen.

Choosing Sterling over my father was an easy decision. I will not let him hurt her or her family. It has been hard to keep him off my back trying to pretend like I am still working on the mission but luckily I am the only inside person. I have been providing false information and have done everything I can to delay certain progress.

I don't care that I have been spending all my time with Sterling because these past few weeks with her have been some of the best weeks I have had in a long time. In years. It is very easy with her. With her family as well. They like me for me and I can be myself around them.

Drew has also been teaching me a lot of things that I never got to learn since my father didn't care about being a father or having a mother to teach me. She has been teaching me more about cars, how to buy the correct suit and getting it tailored, and some defensive fighting. I have also been learning from Blair. She has been teaching me more about finance. She is crazy smart with math. It is no surprise that all the Kane kids are really good at school.

But all my happiness did not last long. The phone call with my father is not just a screaming to get shit done type of phone call. It is a get your ass over here now type of phone call. I am headed to see him right now and am already wishing I could turn around.

As I walk in I pass all the guards as usual and head to the office. I see Lexi sitting outside my father's office as usual. I pass by her with no care to pay attention to her. She is lucky that I don't do anything worse because I was tempted to.

"Are you trying to ruin everything?" my father says immediately when I enter.

"I already told you that I've been busy"

"Busy? Doing what? Because you are not answering any of my calls and not making any progress on the plan. So tell me, what the fuck is so important!" he stands with anger. The answer to his question is so easy. Sterling, that is what is so important.

"I'm doing what you ask!" I shout back.

"I think you are getting a little too attached to that slut. I don't care if you fuck her but don't let it stop you from what we are suppose to be doing. We need to move now. I will not allow you to ruin everything!"

"Don't talk about her like that!" my hands tighten into a fist hearing him speak about her. He is the last person who gets to even think about her let alone talk about her.

"Or what?" he steps to me. We are both inches away. The anger fuming off of both of us. "Get it through your fucking head. Her only use is to get us in. To get you in. So stop acting like a child and do what you are suppose to be doing"

"Fuck you" I spit back. I receive an immediate slap across my face. Then a few more hits from his body guards that are in the room with us.

"We make our move in a month. You better follow the plan. After we are done we are returning to France. So do whatever you want with her until then but once it is over, you are going back. I will not have my daughter be lured by some stupid girl"

The guards release me from their grip. "You know I can just walk away right now and you would have nothing. You won't have any chance at getting your revenge"

"Oh you will do as I say. You want to know why?" he smiles with an evil behind him. "Because if you don't get us in then I will kill her"

"That was not the plan" from the beginning it has only ever been to destroy everything they have and only kill Drew. My father said he wanted her children to live knowing that they will never have her again and that he was the reason why.

"It is your decision Elliott. Either you help me destroy her family and she lives or you don't and we kill her. I'll make sure my guards have their fun with her death too" the joy he has knowing that I will do as he says. That he has won.

"Step out of line once more and I will hurt her. Now leave and do your fucking job" he goes back to his desk and sits down.

His guards drag me out of his office and push me towards the door.

I should have known better that I would not get my happiness. That my father was always going to win. That he is always going to have control and power over me.

How do I destroy the family that has shown me what it is like to be family?

To destroy my own happiness for him. 

-----------

four new chapters today :) enjoy !!