💕 CHAPTER 11 💕

" Y-Yeah... I-I am f-fine" Ashika tried to sound as normal as possible. The lump in her throat wanted to just blast out but she managed to let it all in. Taehyung wanted to ask her. He wanted to know what had happened to her, but he couldn't ask her. 

He knew that he was in no place to ask such things from her. His heart and his mind were in no sync. While his mind wanted him to mind his own business, his heart didn't. At last, after conflicting, his mind won. 

Taehyung subsided down his urge to ask her any further questions. 

" Then... Let's go..." 

He said and Ashika nodded. They both walked towards his car and Ashika sat in the passenger seat while he sat in the driver's seat. He drove towards the University Apartments where Ashika lived. The ride towards her house was silent. Correction. Awkwardly Silent. Correction. Until Taehyung decided to ask her. 

" Ashika, tomorrow, can we start the project?"

" Yeah sure... At whose place?"

" Uhm... You say that. I'll be okay anywhere"

" Okay then... You can come to my place Taehyung... After College?"

" Sure. We will go together then..."

" Okay"

Taehyung hummed and their little conversation ended as the hum sound from his mouth finished. The ride went silent yet again. Taehyung's mind and heart were having a war.  

Soon, they reached Ashika's apartment. She stepped out and so did Taehyung. They were standing in front of the car's bonnet. 

" I'll leave then..."

Taehyung saw Ashika's disappearing figure and his heart won. He called out her name. 

" Ashika!" 

She turned out and looked at him in a questionable way. 

" Yes? Taehyung?"

" I wanted to talk to you regarding something... If you don't mind..."

" Sure... Come on..."

Ashika spoke in a low voice. Audible enough for Taehyung to hear. With a racing heart radiating nervousness, he took big steps towards Ashika. They both went to her apartment together. 

Ashika unlocked the door. Taehyung remained quiet but he still noticed the password of the digital lock. Taehyung looked around and sat on the sofa. Ashika bought a glass of water and sat on the sofa beside Taehyung leaving a decent gap between them. Taehyung made himself comfortable as he turned towards her. 

" I... I know I am being a little invasive but... I want to know the meaning of these..."

He took out his phone and played the recording in front of her. Her reaction hearing her talk with Varun from the canteen was priceless. Her doe eyes were widened. 

" When-When did you record this?" She asked being perplexed. 

" When you were talking to someone. "

" Oh achha... par meri aawaz sunkar what will you do?"
( Oh... But what will you do hearing my voice?)

" English or Korean please?"

" Why do you want to know this, Taehyung?"

" Just like that... Curiosity kills people maybe..." He spoke. His tone was so different firm his usual tone. His usual tone was emotionless, cold, and it was always a monotone.

" I was telling Varun about my day and college life... Nothing serious. " Ashika lied. She knew that she did wrong by lying but... this was for the best. According to her, Taehyung and the others were Jimin's friends so why would they side with her even when she is right. Taehyung was someone who has known Jimin since the very childhood. She knew this. Jimin had told this to her before. 

" I thought that you were just trying to lie to your friend and pretend that everything is okay... and above all you are happy with Jimin? When did that happen?"

Ashika turned red in embarrassment. Taehyung in actual got to know the real meaning of her words. 

" How..."

" Technology... I turned on the auto-translate on my handphone. Why did you say that you are happy with Jimin?"

" I...I... "

" You said that you were not crying and that you are fine...?"

Ashika was speechless. She didn't have words to speak. Taehyung literally pressed a sensitive nerve. Was he aware about that? Yes he was. 

" Look... we are all friends. Your equations with Jimin won't determine who you become friends with..." 

" I had to say that to him... I couldn't tell him the truth... He will worry about me... Varun has always been there for me and has helped me whenever I needed it... It's okay. I'll tell him when the time is right..."

" Sometimes... telling your feelings to someone is the best and the only option... We are friends Ashika... Jimin and I have been friends since we were kids. Our parents were also friends..."

" Oh... Then you must know Yerin as well..."

" Yeah... Yerin was also like an acquittance. She went to abroad for schooling and came back to Korea like 4 years ago. They were fixed together in their childhood only... by their grandparents..."

" It's... fine..." 

" I'll leave Ashika... Thanks for having me"

Ashika checked the time and it was already 10 in the evening. She couldn't let Taehyung leave at this late hour. 

" It's late... I guess you should stay here only. You can go tomorrow..."

" No No. It's fine. I'll go back. I have some important work to do. Don't worry. I'll drop a message to you once I reach home"

Ashika nodded her head and smiled. She gave him the tiniest smile she had. Taehyung also returned the small smile. He left and Ashika closed the door. She went to her room and took a shower and went to bed. 

Ashika was feeling so many emotions. She was feeling bad for keeping Varun in the dark. She was feeling scared of the messages and the bullying. She thought if this could happen once, then it can happen again. She felt that Jiah, Iseul, Seulbi, Mira, Yuri are really good. Maybe... she can try to move on...

I hope you like it and do not copy my work. Also do not forget to follow, comment, vote for my work. Stay tuned for the next part.