💕 CHAPTER 16 💕

Ashika entered her apartment. It sure was a studio apartment that was in excellent condition. She had a huge amount of scholarship but it was all for academic validation. She still needed some money for her expenses. 

Ashika changed her clothes and lay herself on the bed. Suddenly something clicked in her brain and she remembered what Taehyung told her. She suddenly got up and rushed towards her kitchen. She found exactly nothing. 

She ordered instant chapatis, a kg of potatoes and some other spices that were necessary for cooking round Indian bread and potato vegetables. After about half an hour her times were delivered to her. She paid for everything she ordered. She decided to ask for the utensils to cook from the boy next door. But the time was late now. So, tomorrow morning she was going to ask for the utensils. 

Contended with what she planned, Ashika went to her room and dived into the blankets of slumber. 

The next morning, she woke to her alarm ringing wildly. Ashika immediately turned off her alarm and toasted 2 slices of bread for herself. She had them as her breakfast along with a glass of milk. She took a bath and dressed herself. Taking one last peek at herself in the mirror, she went to the next unit. 

She rang the doorbell and waited patiently. The door opened slowly and there stood a boy. He looked like a college lad and was cute but had a serious look on his face. He was dressed casually and raised his eyebrow at Ashika. 

" Annyeonghasseyo "

" Annyeonghasseyo... I live in the unit next to yours. I have a friend coming over today... I would be thankful if you could lend me a frypan and a nonstick pan. Just for today. Please"

The boy nodded and went inside. He came back with the cooking utensils Ashika asked. She took them from him and did the 90-degree Korean bow saying Ghamsahbnida. 

As soon as she stood back straight, the boy closed the door on Ashika's face. Ashika smiled to herself and went to her unit. She kept the items on the kitchen island and left for her college. Her clothes were simple. She wore the dress she wore on the first day of college. 

Ashika went to the college

Ashika went to the college. She knew what exactly was going to happen next. A message popped up on her phone. It was from the same unknown number. Ashika might be oblivious to the number but she knew the people behind it. She looked around and spotted those girls who bullied her. 

Even though Ashika was bullied she wasn't an outcast anymore. She had a few members of Fab 12 as her friends. Ashika went straight to her class. Today, she didn't find any of her girlfriends and neither Taehyung nor Jungkook. Nonetheless, she sat down in their usual spot. 

After some time, her friends came and they all sat together. Soon, the teacher arrived as well. Today, Ashika didn't want to be alone. She knew that if she got spotted alone then those girls might bully her again. 

They had back-to-back classes. In between the lectures, Ashika talked to Yuri, Seulbi, and Iseul. Also, Ashika took a few glances at Taehyung and Jungkook. She concluded that Taehyung was quite focused on the math lecture while Jungkook just slept in it. Ashika was determined to apply for a part-time job as a tutor in the college to earn some extra money for herself. 

Soon it was break time. Today Ashika didn't go near her locker. That is where she was bullied the most. She directly went with Taehyung and the group to the canteen. She'd rather face Jimin and ignore him than get bullied for absolutely no reason. 

They took their plates and sets of chopsticks and made the queue for the buffet as usual. They sat in their usual places where Jimin, Namjoon along with the others were already there. Might as well add Yerin's presence was there as well. Ashika ignored them. Jimin's gaze as usual was on Ashika. Yerin on the other hand was trying to gain his attention. At some point, Yerin felt bad that Jimin being her fiance was paying more attention to a girl who was not her. 

While on the other hand, Ashika's heart clenched seeing Jimin and Yerin together. She felt betrayed. Ashika had her food while chatting with everyone but Jimin. Even Taehyung talked to her which was quite new for him. Taehyung faced difficulty in talking to new people, and miraculously he talked a lot with Ashika. She also talked a lot with Taehyung. 

After Varun, Jimin, Taehyung, and Jungkook were the only boys Ashika talked a lot with. She finished her meal and decided to go straight to her Class Adviser. She entered her cabin and wished her a good afternoon. 

" Good Afternoon ma'am"

" Good afternoon Ms. Ashika. What's your concern?"

" Ma'am I wanted to earn some extra money in exchange for part-timing in the college as a tutor. If you get to know about any student who needs help with mathematics, please do let me know. I can tutor the student after the lectures."

" Yeah, sure. You leave your phone number here. I'll inform you regarding the same. For the second-year student's tutoring, the university pays around 2000 dollars per month which is almost equivalent to 2650000 won. But the progress must be visible and each day minimum of 2 hours must be given to the student by the tutor." The teacher explained everything to Ashika. 

Ashika agreed to all the conditions and left her phone number. On her way back to the class, Ashika bumped into 2 girls and fell. They were the same bullies. Ashika got scared. All the colour drained down her face. She got up and was about to leave when one of them caught her hand. 

I hope you like it and do not copy my work. Also do not forget to follow, comment, and
vote for my work. Stay tuned for the next part.