💕 CHAPTER 13 💕

Ashika was very scared of what was happening to her. She was constantly thinking about what had happened between her and Jimin in the arcade was not exactly her fault. On her end, she had pushed Jimin off of her. 

" I-I pushed him away... I didn't k-kiss Jimin... Please let me go..." Ashika joined her hands and begged them not to. She was crying. She went on her knees and cried her heart out. The girls were laughing at her and filming her. 

After making fun of Ashika and warning her more they went away leaving behind a crying Ashika. She wiped her tears and touched her cheeks. She felt a stinging pain on her cheek. She touched it and felt warm. When she was slapped, she could taste a metallic taste in her mouth. 

Maybe, when she got slapped, her inner cheek might have pinched between her teeth. She slowly got up and picked up her phone. She went to the washroom and washed her face. She looked at her weak self in the mirror. She was able to see her red cheek and tear stains on her eyes and cheek. 

Ashika washed her face vigorously and then applied some compact. The application of the face wash sent a burning sensation to her wound yet she did it. The burning sensation soothed her aching heart. 

She looked at herself in the mirror and smiled at her reflection.  

" Sab theek ho jayega Ashika... Bhagwan par bharosa rakh... Ek din sab kuchh theek ho jayega" 
(Everything will be okay Ashika... Trust god... One day everything will be fine)

Ashika went to the cafeteria where everyone was present. Jimin and Taehyung were sitting beside each other and were talking to each other. Everyone was having a gala time. 

When Yuri noticed Ashika, she waved at her and called out her name. 

" Ashika! Come sit with us"

Ashika smiled at her and went and sat beside her on the empty seat. They all started having their meal while chit-chatting with each other. Jimin kept on looking at Ashika. Ashika noticed Jimin's eyes on her. 

" Taehyung... We have got this maths assignment... We need to do that, so I don't think that we will be able to work on the project today..." Ashika spoke slowly.

Taehyung looked at her and replied to her.

" I know... I checked the questions and they are not that difficult to begin with. They can easily be completed today itself but ya we won't be able to start the project then"

Just then Jungkook spoke.

" Hey let's do the math assignment together at my place today... See, I am very smart-" Jungkook got cut off in the middle of speaking by Jiah.

" What? Are you talking about maths kook?"

" Yah!!" Jungkook nervously yelled at her making the others laugh and Ashika confused.

" What happened Jungkook, is there any problem with maths?"

" No problem is there Ashika... Just that, he is exceptionally smart in maths" Namjoon also spoke while mocking Jungkook. Soon, Jungkook also started laughing with everyone. While laughing they all started talking about their previous grade in maths. 

" How much do you score in maths and other subjects Ashu?" Seulbi asked her. 

Before Ashika could answer this question asked by Seulbi, Jimin spoke.

" In her first year, Ashika emerged as the university topper" Everyone looked at Jimin and then at Ashika who kept on looking at his face. Ashika turned her face from Jimin and looked at Taehyung who was looking at her. Ashika took a small breath and spoke.   

" I can answer for myself on my own Jimin. I can speak about myself better than anyone" Ashika spoke softly making Jimin lower down his gaze. 

" And where did this Ashu come from?" Ashika frowned in confusion with a smile at Seulbi. 

" That, your name was a bit difficult to say for me so, I looked upon some easier nickname, I could call with... You didn't like it?" Seulbi asked pouting cutely to which Ashika just chuckled. Hearing Seulbi call her Ashu, she remembered her only family member, Varun. 

Varun also calls her as Ashu. She loves this nickname. Platonically. Romantically Ashika is a fan of something else that only her lover can know. Jimin was just a step away from knowing that and before reaching that point, things went berserk between them. 

" Why are you smiling Assika?" Jungkook asked her. 

" My best friend Varun, he also calls me Ashu only. That too, every time. "

" Oh, the one you were talking to on the video call?" Hoseok asked.

" Yes. In the garden area of the club. Also, Jungkook, I am fine with doing the homework together. We all can I guess... Help you out with that"

" So, change of plan it is. Let's all go to the Jeons. We will do the project some other day then. No hard and fast... Right?"Taehyung spoke. 

" Yes. Sure. And about me going-" 

" I'll drop you home at night" Taehyung spoke cutting Ashika in between. 

Ashika nodded with a smile. After this, they began their normal chit-chatting until Yerin decided to pop out of nowhere. When she came to their table, the first thing she did was hug Jimin from behind to surprise him. 

Jimin was a bit perplexed and then he looked back only to realize that the person who hugged him from behind was Yerin. He held her hand and gave her a smile showing his teeth. Ashika's heart pained seeing this scene unfold right in front of her. Just when her eyes became watery, a message popped up on her phone which was from an unknown number and said.

Stay away from Park Jimin. Stop staring at him and Yerin like that! Don't you dare forget what happened today and even yesterday.

Ashika scanned the cafeteria for someone suspicious but she found no one. She turned towards the girls and the boys and started talking to them until their lunch break was over. After lunch break, it was their additional dance class. 

I hope you like it and do not copy my work. Also do not forget to follow, comment, vote for my work. Stay tuned for the next part.